Do I have 32 or 64 Bit Windows XP

Nito Pereira

Sep 26, 2003, 10:36:08 AM9/26/03
I need to find a way of determining if the current system
is runing XP 64bit. I am creating a script to deliver MS03-
032 and one of the patches require XP 64 bit. but I can't
find a way of detecting if the system is 64bit. The
closest was reading PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE under
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
Manager\Environment\ .

Can anyone help

purplehaz

Sep 26, 2003, 11:27:03 AM9/26/03
You have the 32 bit version.

Windows XP Home = 32 bit.
Windows XP Pro = 32 bit.
Windows XP Media Center Edition = 32 bit
Windows XP Tablet PC Edition = 32 bit
Windows XP 64 bit Edition = 64 bit.

Start, run, type in: winver, hit enter.

>.

Nate

Sep 26, 2003, 2:02:43 PM9/26/03
If you have to ask, it's 32bit.

"Nito Pereira" <npe...@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message

Nito Pereira

Sep 26, 2003, 2:19:01 PM9/26/03
I know I have 32bit.. I was wondering if there is anyone
has created a script that can determine if the OS is 64bit.
Either from a registry key or by calling an API.

Visual confirmation is no good to me I need to be able to
include the checking in a script.

>.

Rory

Sep 26, 2003, 3:00:17 PM9/26/03
You have 32-bit.

How do I know? Because you had to ask.

VManes

Sep 26, 2003, 11:21:56 PM9/26/03
Sorry about the folks answering the question you did not ask - so many
newbies have been screaming "do I have 32 or 64 bit windows" that it's
become an automatic reply.

How does key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0 work for
you? Just a stab in the dark.
Val
--
Bringing you BeadWizard Design Software
www.beadwizard.com

Michael Stevens

Sep 28, 2003, 7:16:28 AM9/28/03

It is most likely 32 bit, but follow the link provided below for more
information.
Click on the link below, or copy and paste the link into the address box
if using the web based newsgroup.
XP 32 bit or 64 bit?
http://michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#64bit
--