XP screen font display problem. Please help.

tiffwo...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2006, 5:05:18 AM11/6/06
Hi everyone,

Please help. My friend did something to my computer and now the font
display on everything ( including windows, programs, internet explorer,
office applications) is not the default anymore. It is this small font
that resembles MS sans seriff. My word documents are in Times New
Roman, but it displays a twisted version of it ( does not resemble the
regular Times New Roman, but PRINTS OUT FINE on paper) I have tried
everything I know , ie: using the start ->run -> regedit steps, system
restore, but TO NO AVAIL. This is really bothering me and I would
really really appreciate some help..

PLEASE! anyone who knows how to fix this. let me know.

THANK YOU very much in advance.

Tiffany

tiffwo...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2006, 5:05:18 AM11/6/06

robbie_d

Nov 6, 2006, 11:56:27 AM11/6/06
Unless there's a major fault with your windows programme, if you
haven't already done so, you could try this...

Open a word doc, click format in the toolbar, and select FONT...

Click on the font you want to use all the time, select the style
(regular etc) and the size...

Click default at bottom left and answer yes to question prompt..

Then close doc without saving and re-open...

Your choice, style and size of font should appear evey time...

You can change to anything that way...

It may pay you to change to a completely different font to start with,
then back again, if the problem persists...

Robbie D....

tiffwo...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2006, 3:03:58 PM11/6/06
Thanks a lot for replying.. but the fonts in my internet explorer +
desktop + everything that appears in windows still look a little weird.
Unlike my previous settings. I can't think of anymore ways to change it
back so I guess I just have to live with it.

thank you anyway.

Tiffany

Joe

Nov 6, 2006, 8:15:49 PM11/6/06

Did you try changing the fonts used in Display Properties?

- Under Display Properties, change to Windows XP Style.

- Click Advanced button, Click "Active Window" in the graphic atop the
page. That will bring up the Item: Active Title Bar. Mine reads
Trebuchet MS, size 10. Tahoma is used in many other areas.

If a default font was damaged, another would be substituted. You can
try one of these:

249. Set Default XP Font Back to Tahoma

Click F, go down to "Fonts - Replace All" near the bottom of the page.
Same page:
Fonts Supplied with Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/winhttp://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Ahh.. that doesn't work.. Even removing the
"http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com" didn't bring up a working page.. Try
something in this MS search:
http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?q=fonts+xp&l=1&mkt=en-US&FORM=QBME1

--