Shutting down XP at a certain time

UphillGardener

Oct 17, 2001, 7:51:15 PM10/17/01
Hi

Does anybody know haow to shut down XP at a certain time.

Cheers

UG

Tim Sagstetter

Oct 17, 2001, 10:30:14 PM10/17/01
I believe the W2K Server Resource Kit CD contains a program named
Shutdown.exe which can be run as a Scheduled Task. I think this work under
WXP, also.

"UphillGardener" <martyn...@NOblueyonder.co.ukSPAM> wrote in message

Tom Porterfield

Oct 17, 2001, 10:40:24 PM10/17/01
On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 23:51:15 GMT, "UphillGardener"
<martyn...@NOblueyonder.co.ukSPAM> wrote in news:eHtXma2VBHA.380
@tkmsftngp03:

You can create a batch file to shut the PC down, then schedule the batch
file.

RUNDLL32.EXE shell32,SHExitWindowsEx n

where n is one, or a combination of, the following numbers:
0 - LOGOFF:
Shuts down all running processes, then logs the user off.
1 - SHUTDOWN:
Shuts down the system to a point at which it is safe to turn off the power.
All file buffers have been flushed to disk, and all running processes have
stopped.
2 - REBOOT:
Shuts down the system and then restarts the system.
4 - FORCE:
Forces processes to terminate. When this flag is set, Windows does not query
running applications to inform them that Windows is shutting down. This can
cause the applications to lose data, therefore, you should only use this
flag in an emergency.
8 - POWEROFF:
Shuts down the system and turns off the power. The system must support the
power-off feature.
To combine actions, add the values.

--
Tom Porterfield