Windows installer service won't start

jay

Sep 15, 2003, 8:18:21 PM9/15/03
I cannot install software on my machine because the
windows installer service will not start up.whenever i
try to start it manually i get a message saying that i
may have started in safe mode or i should contact my
administrator for assistance

Kelly

Sep 15, 2003, 8:50:43 PM9/15/03
Hi Jay,

Suggestions:

The Windows Installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you
are running in safe mode or if the Windows Installer is not correctly
installed.

Go to Start/Run and type in:
msiexec /unregister [click ok]

Then Start/Run and type in:
msiexec /regserver [click ok]

For Pro, check your settings here:

Start/Run/gpedit.msc/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows
Installer/Prohibit User Installs

Windows Installer Fix for Permissions (Line 94)

Troubleshooting Windows Installer
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_w.htm#xp_wininstaller

"Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" Error
Message When You Add or Remove Program
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q315346

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP
[AE-Windows® XP]

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

"jay" <dooli...@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message