Right click and Open/Print multiple items in explorer

Terry Livesey

May 15, 2004, 5:54:52 AM5/15/04
Hi

I hope someone can help :)

problem.

when you select a single file in explorer and right click
and open / print it works fine.

If I select multiple files and right click and open /
print nothing happens. This works on other machines.
What has been moved changed in my registry to disable
remove this abaility.

Your help would be much appricated as this is driving me
nuts.

Thanks

Terry

David Candy

May 15, 2004, 7:05:28 AM5/15/04
It caused by a context menu extension. Though I've been unable to replicate the problem on SP-1. I did a survey on a related problem with anyone who had posted a similar question (ever). The sample was only about 10 (I searched all posts last 20 years and emailed them). What I found was no common programs in common, therefore it seems it may be a common programmers mistake.

Type Regedit in Start Run
Goto

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

Export all five keys (on the File Menu) (First two keys apply to files, 1st, 3rd to 5th apply to folders/drives). Delete all two/five. What happens.

And the band played ....
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/14/1084289883713.html

Terry Livesey

May 15, 2004, 8:54:33 AM5/15/04