Fade to grey

Gil Theissen

Aug 3, 2002, 6:46:12 AM8/3/02
Why does XP slowly fade to grey when you're changing the 'appearance' of the
items on the screen? With 9X the changes used to snap into place. Now they
take 4-5 seconds. Is this an option that can be toggled?

Thanks -- Gil Theissen

VBnet4Apps

Aug 3, 2002, 5:52:04 AM8/3/02
There is no option to do this that I know of. But, the reason is that XP
actually skins a lot of objects with graphics whereas 98 just changed the
color pointers of objects.

--
VBnet4Apps
http://www.avenuezx.com/vbnet4apps/
"Gil Theissen" <gilth...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

Albert

Aug 3, 2002, 5:54:37 AM8/3/02
1 Mississippi
2 Mississippi
3 Mississippi
4 Mississippi
5 Mississippi

Gee, I could have baked a cake, delivered a baby, and finished a round of
golfing.
p.s. fix your clock.

Mark Salloway

Aug 3, 2002, 1:04:53 PM8/3/02
Fading to grey happens when you are changing themes, it's not actually the
screen but an image of it to hide what is happening while the theme is being
applied.

--
Mark Salloway (MS WPC)
Associate Expert