Power Options

Larry S

Dec 23, 2003, 10:11:23 PM12/23/03
Inadvertently deleted power schemes from drop down in
Control Panel's Power Option. Now choices are greyed out
that let me set times for monitor shut-off , stand-by and
hibernate and can't save a power scheme. How do I load
these (at least One anyway) power schemes back in? This
all started when I got my AutoDown" software installed
and talking to my UPS. (I think)

babuji

Dec 23, 2003, 10:24:19 PM12/23/03

"Larry S" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hi,

To fix this problem, reinstall Power Management in Windows XP:

1. Click Start, Control Panel, Performance and Maintenance, and then System
icon.
2. This opens the System properties window.
3. Select Hardware tab and click Device Manager.
4. Click "+" beside System Devices.
5. Right-click the "ACPI Power button " device and select Uninstall.
6. Restart the system.

Thanks,
Babuji CCNA
babu_...@yahoo.co.in

Larry S

Dec 24, 2003, 12:05:33 AM12/24/03
>.
>didn't work, will I have to re-install XP? I hope not

babuji

Dec 24, 2003, 1:58:37 AM12/24/03

"Larry S" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

To resolve this problem, download the Windows Update from Microsoft
website:

www.windowsupdate.com

This should fix this issue.