transfer user data from one account to another

Jason M.

Feb 26, 2004, 10:47:44 PM2/26/04
Does anyone know if there is a way to move an existing
user's Documents and settings to a new user's doc & set
on the same computer?

The scenario is I have a W2K server in my house that I
have rebuilt into W2K3 SBS server I built the new server
with a different domain name. I have a XP machine that
was joined to the old domain. I joined it to the new
domain and lost all me settings. I would rather not
recreate everything printer, email settings the whole
nine yards. Is there a way?

Hanan

Feb 27, 2004, 12:18:50 AM2/27/04
Someone please answer this, I'm going through a smilar
situation. I've found a way, but I would like to hear
the "Pros" way.

Thanks

>.

Doug Knox MS-MVP

Feb 27, 2004, 12:31:34 AM2/27/04
Copy a User Profile:

Open System in Control Panel. On the User Profiles tab, and under Profiles stored on this computer, click the user profile you want to copy, and then click Copy To.

In the Copy To dialog box, under Copy profile to, type the location for the new profile, or click Browse to select the path.
Click Change to open the Choose User dialog box, click a new user from the Names list, and then click Add. The new user name will appear in Add Name. Click OK to add the user as a new user profile on your computer.

Note: You must be logged on as an administrator to the local computer to copy user profiles. To open a Control Panel item, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click the appropriate icon.

Note: You cannot copy to or from the account you're logged in on.

--
In memory of Robert McGregor (aka Koldbear)
http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/winhelp.htm