system retore

Ronald Foltz

Feb 13, 2009, 10:41:41 PM2/13/09
i have lost all my restore points . . .is there any way of retreiving
them??. . thanks

Jim Moriarty

Feb 13, 2009, 10:51:31 PM2/13/09
On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 03:41:41 GMT, "Ronald Foltz" <genf...@att.net>
wrote:

>i have lost all my restore points . . .is there any way of retreiving
>them??. . thanks

Nope.

Make another one quick.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Feb 14, 2009, 2:28:11 AM2/14/09
no

Salmon@discussions.microsoft.com Diana Salmon

Feb 14, 2009, 1:19:01 PM2/14/09
I too have lost my restore points!! I was trying to get back my home page
and the configuration of my browser toolbar that was completely hosed.
These were changed after installing the latest updates and restarting my
computer. I think the problem is related to these new updates. I certainly
hope someone can explain or help ou!!

Diana Salmon

Feb 14, 2009, 2:16:05 PM2/14/09
I finally did another restore to 2/11 when the last update happened. It
again said it couldn't do it but it seems it did something as everything is
now back to normal! Who knows!!

Lem

Feb 14, 2009, 3:20:08 PM2/14/09

If you tried to use System Restore and received an error message
indicating "SYSTEM RESTORE Restoration Incomplete Your Computer cannot
be restored" see http://bertk.mvps.org/html/error.html#5

If the problem is *not* a Norton product, follow the suggestions linked
at the end of the section.

--
Lem -- MS-MVP