Can't install Intellipoint 4.01 on XP

Mark Hopkins

Nov 13, 2001, 9:27:44 PM11/13/01
Using MS Intellimouse Explorer. Previously unistalled
Intellipoint 3.01.
Run Intellipoint 4.01 installer and it expands files into
intellipoint subdirectory under program files and then
hangs or activity.

Tried the following:

1. Downloaded 4.01 file again from MS;
2. Tried installation in safe mode as recommended by MS
tech;
3. Also, moved mouse to USB port on PC rather than
through USB hub and tried reinstall;
4. Tried Knowledgebase Article Q303093 although some
parts not really applicable to XP since it was written
for Win 98, 95 etc...

Mouse works fine but can't program buttons like I did
using v3.01 in Win98se.

Anyone got any other ideas or had same problem??

Marcos

Nov 13, 2001, 10:10:25 PM11/13/01
I had the same problem, but when I installed XP it said
it wouldn't be compatible, and it automatically went to
the intellipoint website and downloaded the new software,
and it works fine. Hmmm.

>.

Jim F

Nov 13, 2001, 10:48:49 PM11/13/01

mhop...@erols.com

Nov 14, 2001, 8:18:02 AM11/14/01
You mean during the install or after you ran intellipoint
3.01 and then XP gave you a message something to effect
about not being compatible....

Didn't know you could do that option...

hmmmm...

Txs

>.

mhop...@erols.com

Nov 14, 2001, 6:25:39 PM11/14/01
Dan;

I finally got Intellipoint 4.01 to install in XP!!!
After running the download, navigated to the Program
Files/Microsoft Intellipoint 4.0/Mouse/IPsetup.inf file
and double clicked. Got a number of error messages but
after rebooting, IP 4.01 is installed successfully and
identified in the add/remove program of control panel.
Had to make some minor edits to the shortcuts for the
Healthy Computing Guide and the IP program itself under
the program manager. Not sure what setup file I should
have used in the future but everythings ok for now.

Case closed....

Mark H.

>.

yashiro

Nov 14, 2001, 7:00:55 PM11/14/01
You just need to run the OEMsetup.exe that is extracted.

<mhop...@erols.com> wrote in message