Shut Down Problems

Charlie3110

Aug 12, 2010, 5:36:03 AM8/12/10
My PC with XP Home will not shut down from the Start Button, Turn Off
Computer, Turn Off. Nothing Happens. I can restart or Stand By without
problems. How can I restore this feature? Thanks

Mike Cawood, HND BIT

Aug 12, 2010, 6:46:56 AM8/12/10
"Charlie3110" <Charl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> My PC with XP Home will not shut down from the Start Button, Turn Off
> Computer, Turn Off. Nothing Happens. I can restart or Stand By without
> problems. How can I restore this feature? Thanks

Display Properties / Screensaver tab / Click on Power Button then Advanced
tab - change When I press the power button on my computer to Shut Down.
Regards Mike.

Elmo

Aug 12, 2010, 8:09:43 AM8/12/10

WINDOWS XP SHUTDOWN & RESTART TROUBLESHOOTING
http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

--

Joe =o)

Unknown

Aug 12, 2010, 10:04:17 AM8/12/10
Reread his post. Nothing to do with power button.
"Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

Unknown

Aug 12, 2010, 10:06:12 AM8/12/10
Verify nothing is running in the background. Unfortunately this could be a
power supply failure.