"should not see me" - virus?

Dave

Feb 4, 2003, 12:05:30 AM2/4/03
I see the program "should not see me" ending sometimes
when I reboot my computer. I was wondering if this was
some kind of virus program?

larry samuels MS-MVP (XP Shell/User)

Feb 4, 2003, 12:12:01 AM2/4/03
No it is not a virus--this occasionally appears when a program takes an
abnormally long time to close when shutting down or rebooting the pc.

It is a standard windows message that was used during the beta,then left in
place in the final version.It means exactly what it says--you should not see
the message if programs are terminating correctly.

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://home.triad.rr.com/faq/WNS2003%20FAQ.htm
"Dave" <tyedye4...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

larry samuels MS-MVP (XP Shell/User)

Feb 4, 2003, 8:00:55 AM2/4/03
Thanks Kelly!

I should have known either you or Doug would have a fix for these messages.
<G>

"Kelly" <ke...@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi Dave,
>
> In addition to Larry's expert advice....see if this helps:
>
> These edits automatically ends tasks and timeouts that prevent programs
> from
> shutting down.
>
> Auto End Tasks and Wait to Kill Timeout for Shutdown (Line 76)
>
> This edit allows you to configure Windows so that you receive verbose
> startup, shutdown, logon, and logoff status messages. This may be helpful
> in troubleshooting slow startup, shutdown, logon, or logoff behaviour.
>
> Startup/Shutdown/Logon/Logoff Status Messages (Line 69)
>
> --
> All the Best,
> Kelly
>
> MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows® XP]
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm

David Candy

Feb 4, 2003, 8:09:27 AM2/4/03
Last week I asked him a series of specific questions which he refused to answer. I wouldn't waste time on him. I did.

--
[Todays link] http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/01/28/1043534050248.html (don't mean I believe it]
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/01/13/1041990224220.html

nameless

Feb 4, 2003, 5:42:07 PM2/4/03
Dave wrote:

In particular, the "Should not see me.exe" message (it's actually an
executable file name) appears when you initiate a reboot after
installing NVIDIA drivers.

--
Screw Yahoo!, go to: http://www.myway.com/
(No banners, no pop-ups, and a comprehensible privacy policy!)

Kelly

Feb 4, 2003, 11:23:18 PM2/4/03
Most welcome! :o)

--