URGENT/D LIPMAN/NIGHTOWL

antioch

Sep 6, 2005, 2:37:46 PM9/6/05
Helloo
Sorry to trouble you - could one or both of you contact me via this post
Many thanks
Antioch

David H. Lipman

Sep 6, 2005, 4:00:48 PM9/6/05

antioch

Sep 6, 2005, 5:26:25 PM9/6/05
Hello David
Thank you for the contact
Its re that post with the disgusting remarks about muslims. I sent an email
to the college director - Ive had a reply but it looks as if it has come
from the originator of the offensive message.
Would you mind if I attached the replies - I have no idea what the replier
is asking for. Still a comp learner. Or shall it best be forgotten?
Rgds
Antioch

David H. Lipman

Sep 6, 2005, 6:11:07 PM9/6/05
From: "antioch" <r.antioc...@ntlworld.com>

| Hello David
| Thank you for the contact
| Its re that post with the disgusting remarks about muslims. I sent an email
| to the college director - Ive had a reply but it looks as if it has come
| from the originator of the offensive message.
| Would you mind if I attached the replies - I have no idea what the replier
| is asking for. Still a comp learner. Or shall it best be forgotten?
| Rgds
| Antioch

Hello Antioch:

Yes such rhetoric is digusting and improper in all wyas and measures.

Sending the replies of the thread are of no use. All you can do is file a complaint with
the ISP.

netname: PRONET-XDSL
descr: Pro-Net Internet Services Ltd.
descr: xDSL IP Pool

Send Full Header and Body of Kevin Brunt's post to; ab...@pro-net.co.uk

-rwxrw-r--

Sep 6, 2005, 8:42:23 PM9/6/05
On Tuesday 06 September 2005 02:26 pm, antioch had this to say in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

I too was totally disgusted with the guy's posting and couldn't believe that
he held the position he says he does with that university. I too am looking
at contacting the univeristy to send a complaint against this racist prick.
I'd encourage others to do the same. Racists like this, holding high
positions within educational facilities need to be exposed to their
superiors.

--
I've eXPerienced it. Now I've moved on to a REAL operating system.
No more viruses, malware, spyware and instabilities.

antioch

Sep 7, 2005, 5:45:21 PM9/7/05

Hello rwx.....
More support, thanks
Im going to try David L's suggestion. Would you like to try as well. Here
is the
E-mail Address(es):
j.g...@bbk.ac.uk
He is one of the heads of the college - I emailed him and he then went and
asked the main suspect Kev to investigate. What a moron.
Anyway, why cant they find out all the info they are wanting themselves?
If you look back into the Kelly & family post 01.09.05 re the New O
disaster, not the most recent, the first batch, you will find more from that
source ranting.
Thanks again
Antioch

antioch

Sep 7, 2005, 5:46:48 PM9/7/05
Hello Dave
I'll give a shot - never tried it before.
Rgds
Antioch

> Hi Antioch:
>
> The replies are basically indicating that to take action, they must have
> the Full Headers
> and Body of the offensive post.
>
> To do so in Outlook Express...
>
> Find the mesasage.
>
> Right click on the message
>
> Choose Properties --> details --> message source
>
> Hit; "Ctrl A" and then hit "Ctrl C" which will select all the text in
> that dialog box (Ctrl
> A) and copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl C).
>
> You can then paste this into the body of the email message you write.
>
> I have attached the text by doing the above and pasting it into a TXT
> (text) file.

David H. Lipman

Sep 7, 2005, 6:45:10 PM9/7/05
From: "antioch" <r.antioc...@ntlworld.com>

| Hello again David
| Attached is what I sent.
| Does it look OK.
| I have found some more to send - its all good practice, right?
| Rgds
| Antioch

Yes

But you should separate your text from the Full Header and Body you paste into the message.

nospam

Sep 7, 2005, 7:05:38 PM9/7/05
OK! This may be something someone has previously described
before, but I can't resolve it. I am running Windows XP and
have all the updates. When I open a folder, I can not get
the stupid software to save my preferred settings for the
folder. I desire to have the address bar appear in the
header of the folder.

I have opened the "View" menu a hundred times, click
"Toolbars", and click "Address Bar" so that the check mark
appears. I then click "Lock the toolbar" so that the check
mark appears. I then open the "Tools" menu, click the
"Folder Options" tab, click the "View" tab, and click "Apply
to All Folders". Then I click "Ok", close everything,
reboot, and I'm back to square one with no address bar
visible in the folders.

Does anyone understand why this happens? Can anyone propose
a solution?

Many thanks for your assistance. I suspect that it
something simple, but I am at a loss as to how to resolve
the dilemma.

Please email me at nospa...@bellsouth.net.

nospam1953

Sep 7, 2005, 7:17:44 PM9/7/05
Message has been deleted

John Eddy [MSFT]

Sep 7, 2005, 7:20:37 PM9/7/05

"antioch" <r.antioc...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> He is one of the heads of the college - I emailed him and he then went and
> asked the main suspect Kev to investigate. What a moron.

Just as a side comment, it's only a moronic thing to do if Kevin is the
person who actually posted the messages. Considering they are coming from
DSL providers around London, and I'm having a very civilized conversation in
email with Kevin at the moment, I'm very willing to believe Kevin when he
says that it is a message spoofing him.

When you set up a newsgroup reader, you can easily configure whatever
display name and email address information you want.

John Eddy
Microsoft Newsgroups Administrator

David H. Lipman

Sep 7, 2005, 7:30:45 PM9/7/05
From: "nospam" <nospa...@bellsouth.net>

This is a whole new problem and unrelated to this thread.

Please do NOT hijack someone else's thread. Start your own.
Additionally, if you ask in a News Group, the answer goes to the News Group for *all* to
benefit.

Regnad Kcin

andrew_Playford

Sep 8, 2005, 12:27:21 PM9/8/05
personally i dont have a clue but i downloaded windows updates an i
ended up with a virus, every time i went to download updates either
something went wrong or something went missing which as you can see
is relly frustrating... my best advice to you is this..

GET LINUX.. get yourself of sus9.3 to start with install it and learn
how to use it you can dual boot them both and linux will
automatically partition everything for you so you dont have to worry
about loosing data..

Suse is great, its more secure , more reiliable and you only install
what you want none of this stuff that just clogs ya memory up..
seriously tho try it out you will be amazed and its really quite
easy to use, join a linux forum and you will get all the help you
need and there are hundreds of people on line.

Message has been deleted

Nightowl

Sep 8, 2005, 2:05:22 PM9/8/05
"John Eddy [MSFT]" <john...@microsoft.com> wrote on Wed, 7 Sep 2005:

>"antioch" <r.antioc...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> He is one of the heads of the college - I emailed him and he then went and
>> asked the main suspect Kev to investigate. What a moron.
>
>Just as a side comment, it's only a moronic thing to do if Kevin is the
>person who actually posted the messages. Considering they are coming from
>DSL providers around London, and I'm having a very civilized conversation in
>email with Kevin at the moment, I'm very willing to believe Kevin when he
>says that it is a message spoofing him.

It's true the posts seem to be coming through different providers -- it
could well be someone with a grudge against Kevin. According to Google,
whoever it is has been doing it since May at least.

However, I do feel the college should be made aware, because the lowlife
is making a point of using the college name in their sig and dragging it
into disrepute.

>When you set up a newsgroup reader, you can easily configure whatever
>display name and email address information you want.

True, but the host and path are more difficult to disguise.

--
Nightowl

Nightowl

Sep 8, 2005, 2:13:58 PM9/8/05
antioch <r.antioc...@ntlworld.com> wrote on Wed, 7 Sep 2005:

>Hello rwx.....
>More support, thanks
>Im going to try David L's suggestion. Would you like to try as well. Here
>is the
>E-mail Address(es):
> j.g...@bbk.ac.uk

Hey Antioch

Sorry for not seeing this sooner -- I am about 1,000 posts behind in my
reading! But well done for complaining, and I too have sent an email to
Dr Gill tonight including the text of 2 other objectionable posts and a
Google link.

>He is one of the heads of the college - I emailed him and he then went and
>asked the main suspect Kev to investigate. What a moron.

I think you're doing him a bit of an injustice here, Antioch: the person
he sent a copy to was Ken Brown, not Kevin Brunt. I'm sure he will take
it seriously, especially with more complaints coming in :-)

>Anyway, why cant they find out all the info they are wanting themselves?
>If you look back into the Kelly & family post 01.09.05 re the New O
>disaster, not the most recent, the first batch, you will find more from that
>source ranting.

Yes, I sent two more nasty racist rants. We have to bear in mind,
though, as John Eddy said, that Mr Brunt says it isn't him sending out
this filth; he could be another of the victims of this stuff. I do feel
strongly that the college should know, though, because the perp is
making a point of using their name in his sig and drawing them into the
mud.

--
Nightowl

Bob I

Sep 8, 2005, 2:50:05 PM9/8/05
Please get a clue and stop using a computer. You obviously didn't
download "updates", but installed the virus from a spoof.

Plato

Sep 8, 2005, 3:32:12 PM9/8/05
andrew_Playford wrote:

> personally i dont have a clue but i downloaded windows updates an i
> ended up with a virus, every time i went to download updates either

Aside from not having the knowhow to use a capital I when required, you
also dont have the street smarts on how to avoid installing viruses on
your computer.

> something went wrong or something went missing which as you can see
> is relly frustrating... my best advice to you is this..
>
> GET LINUX.. get yourself of sus9.3 to start with install it and learn
> how to use it you can dual boot them both and linux will
> automatically partition everything for you so you dont have to worry
> about loosing data..
>
> Suse is great, its more secure , more reiliable and you only install
> what you want none of this stuff that just clogs ya memory up..
> seriously tho try it out you will be amazed and its really quite
> easy to use, join a linux forum and you will get all the help you
> need and there are hundreds of people on line.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

NoNoBadDog!

Sep 8, 2005, 3:34:17 PM9/8/05

"andrew_Playford" <Andrew....@cps.gsi.gov-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid> wrote
in message news:aKWdnT6X_8H...@giganews.com...
You cannot spell. You have no idea what punctuation is. You couldn't
construct a sentence correctly if your very life depended on it. You have
no idea of how to use capitalization. Your post makes you appear to be an
idiot with a third grade education, yet you want us to take your advice?

In a venue such as this newsgroup, you are judged by your posts. Yours is
one of the most absurdly ridiculous posts I have seen in a long time.

With your obviously limited mental capacity, I am surprised you can even
spell Linux, must less install and use it.

You are an ignorant troll...emphasis on ignorant.

As far as joining a Linux "forum", if you are an indicator of the kind of
people who frequent them, I'll pass.

Did your parents have any children who are not brain damaged?

Bobby

Message has been deleted

antioch

Sep 8, 2005, 5:37:56 PM9/8/05
Hello John E
Your comments are noted and the 'comp-speak' - of the former, I am afraid
you have a far better knowledge than me.
I am completely new at this game. I made this very obvious at the start,
and my P.S to postings also makes this obvious. I am however saddened that
those with far more knowledge than myself have let this pass, or it would
appear so. It has been mentioned, that as far back as May, these racists
remarks were being made.
I have noticed that there is some form of censorship in the group. How such
messages are noticed I have no idea, but they get blanked. How does this
sort of filth get through. Perhaps as an Adinistrator you could kindle
explain.
A warning re these postings might have helped. I would rather see what
pcbutts et al were saying to each other than this 'Kev'.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK DAVID FOR HIS SUPPORT AND SPUR(KICK UP THE A???) to do
the technical bit(not bad for a first go I thought)
Thank you David.
I leave this in the hands of the 'powers to be' and would hope this is
resolved. And of course, a post would help so that we ALL know what is
being done.

A Big Public Apology to KEN BROWN for aligning him with the suspect.
And to Doctor GILL for calling him a moron.Woops - that pork has taken a few
steps back I fear.
Rgds to 'rwx...' Nightowl and all the others for your comments and support.
Despite the obvious co..-up I felt I was doing the right thing. Now I know
it was right.

Antioc
'You can't educate pork' Trying too hard!

I have brought it to the attention of this newsgroup
"John Eddy [MSFT]" <john...@microsoft.com> wrote in message

John Eddy [MSFT]

Sep 8, 2005, 6:09:58 PM9/8/05

> I have noticed that there is some form of censorship in the group. How
> such messages are noticed I have no idea, but they get blanked. How does
> this sort of filth get through. Perhaps as an Adinistrator you could
> kindle explain.

Simply put, a word is easy to filter out, but a meaning isn't.

Take your basic obscenity starting with the letter F. It's pretty easy to
recognize it by letters.

Take the phrase 'All black men should die.' Is there any particular word in
there that is offensive? No. Is the meaning behind it offensive? Yes.

Is every post in this, and other microsoft.public.* newsgroups, read? No.

If there is ever a post or poster you wish to complain about, feel free to
head to http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=2028320 to let us know.

David H. Lipman

Sep 8, 2005, 6:21:45 PM9/8/05
From: "antioch" <r.antioc...@ntlworld.com>

You're Wecome Antioch ;-)

Nightowl

Sep 8, 2005, 7:47:36 PM9/8/05
antioch <r.antioc...@ntlworld.com> wrote on Thu, 8 Sep 2005:

>Rgds to 'rwx...' Nightowl and all the others for your comments and support.
>Despite the obvious co..-up I felt I was doing the right thing. Now I know
>it was right.

Yes, you did do the right thing in complaining, Antioch. Well done, and
thanks for encouraging me to do the same.

If I get a reply from Dr Gill I will post back.

--
Nightowl

andrew_Playford

Sep 9, 2005, 4:26:48 AM9/9/05
> NoNoBadDog!wrote:

Bobby[/quote:0700fe9455]

well thats a bit harsh you abviously like your windows man!! and for
not being able to install it well i would like to see you try!!!

whay do you have to bring paretns into it, to me that just shows your
immaturity and if the posts here are judged well m8y i would think
yours is the worst as this is a forum about opinions and windows
problems .. now if my opinion offended you well thats your own fault
but to start slagging off parent s and stuff well my 5 year old bro
chas more maturity..

every one is entitled to their opinion.

antioch

Sep 9, 2005, 2:29:00 PM9/9/05
Thank you and likewise, Nightowl
Antioch

"Nightowl" <owl@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message

antioch

Sep 9, 2005, 2:27:50 PM9/9/05
Hello Eddy
Thank you for the explanation - you have explained it very well. I now
realise it is almost impossible to prevent such from happening.
Then its down to us the users to watch and report.
Thank you also for that link.
Rgds
Antioch
P.S.
I have contacted the college again and apologised for my mistake - thank you
for pointing it out.
To date I have had no reply.

"John Eddy [MSFT]" <john...@microsoft.com> wrote in message

Regnad Kcin

Jayso

Sep 12, 2005, 6:38:23 AM9/12/05
Although i don't know exactly why it would be doing this, i think it
wouldn't be a bad idea to create another account with the same privledges
(which must be administrator to make account). Then see if it works for them

If it does than make a backup of ur user docs and settings and delete ur
user, then re-add your user

I can't and won't guarrentee this to work but it would be what i'd do

Jayso

Please reply to this email so I know if i'm right :)

Good in Home Networking, XP Home based problems, and Pro based Problems
Add my email to MSN Messenger if u wish
jayso_c...@spamfreehotmail.com.au (remove spamfree)

"Regnad Kcin" <NickD...@ThirdEye.net> wrote in message