task manager disappeared after minimization

Alien

Jan 1, 2006, 11:04:19 PM1/1/06
Having "hide when minimized" selected, normally I can expect that the
task manager appear in the system tray after minimization. But two days
ago I found that it simply disappeared after minimization. It can't be
found in either task bar or system tray after minimization. My sys is
XP home sp2.
Thanks for helping.

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers

Jan 2, 2006, 8:41:46 AM1/2/06

Check taskbar and start menu properties. On the taskbar tab, click on the
"customize" button near the bottom. Locate the Windows Task Manager in the
past items area and select it. Change the dropdown to always show this icon.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Alien" <Mat...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Alien

Jan 3, 2006, 1:58:34 AM1/3/06

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Check taskbar and start menu properties. On the taskbar tab, click on the
> "customize" button near the bottom. Locate the Windows Task Manager in the
> past items area and select it. Change the dropdown to always show this icon.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zoneun

> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Alien" <Mat...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Having "hide when minimized" selected, normally I can expect that the
> > task manager appear in the system tray after minimization. But two days
> > ago I found that it simply disappeared after minimization. It can't be
> > found in either task bar or system tray after minimization. My sys is
> > XP home sp2.
> > Thanks for helping.

Yes, you said it!
In fact that's a bug, I think, because I unchecked "hide when
inactive".
To do as you said, I checked that box, then unchecked it again.

Alien

Jan 3, 2006, 7:13:36 PM1/3/06

Unfortunately, I found that this solution is not stable. Sometimes it
works, but sometimes it doesn't.