%SystemDrive% folder appeared on desktop

William Andrews

Apr 1, 2005, 5:42:14 AM4/1/05
I've been running xp for a few months. Today a folder called %SystemDrive% appeared on my desktop.
The only thing inside it is "Documents and Settings" and it's subfolders, but they all appear to be
empty. What caused that to appear and is it safe to delete it? I once moved "my documents" (I think)
on win2k to a subfolder on the desktop. After that I sometimes had problems with that folder not
being on the desktop.

Bill

flip

Apr 1, 2005, 6:01:04 AM4/1/05
copy and paste the origanal file on the computer somewhere and delete the one
on the desktop to see if it screws anything up if it does copy and paste the
origanal back to the desktop.

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers

Apr 1, 2005, 6:30:18 AM4/1/05

Most likely a damaged registry entry, problem is finding which one. First
try cleaning the system with spy/ad removal programs:

Adaware www.lavasoft.de
Spybot www.safer-networking.org

--
Best of Luck,