unable to double click?

daxtph

Aug 14, 2006, 2:16:02 PM8/14/06
Within the last week I've had about 5 systems that are having this problem.
They are unable to double click on My documents folder on the desktop and
also unable to double click on any zip files. Only way around it is to go to
explorer and open winzip to open the zip files. If any body has come across
this let me know, its annoying and I don't want to re-image systems due to
this.

Thanks,

Dax

Haggis

Aug 14, 2006, 2:50:26 PM8/14/06

"daxtph" <dax...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

try this and let us know

http://www.jsifaq.com/SF/Tips/Tip.aspx?id=4849

daxtph

Aug 14, 2006, 3:54:02 PM8/14/06
No that didn't work, also I'm unable to get the right click menu.

Kelly

Aug 14, 2006, 3:58:59 PM8/14/06
Having Spysweeper installed can cause this. Either way, see:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

If your right clicking abilities are more complexed, run this edit.

Enable or Disable the Right Click Context Menu (Line 56)

To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it
and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by
right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

Taskbar Repair Tool

"daxtph" <dax...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

daxtph

Aug 15, 2006, 11:34:02 AM8/15/06
Thanks for the help guys, the problem was with one of the latest windows
patches Security Update KB921398. Removed it and its all fine now.

jdawg

Aug 17, 2006, 11:59:40 AM8/17/06
I have experienced this problem also as has another member in my group.
Removing the patch KB921398 solved the issue. It's a relatively new
patch, so there are obviously still some issues with it that are yet to
be known.

ake...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2006, 7:53:04 PM8/23/06
I believe I have found the fix to these 2 issues - it requires
modifying the registry

*My Documents fix*

Drill down to the key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Zones\0]
Create a new DWORD "1806" with a value of 0

*Zipped files fix*

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Zones\1]
Create a new DWORD "1806" with a value of 0

Kelly

Aug 24, 2006, 1:38:41 AM8/24/06
Most welcome from one of the gals! Glad you have it sorted and thanks for
the update!

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

"daxtph" <dax...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

ake...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2006, 8:35:04 AM8/24/06
Please note that the above registry edits which I posted have only been
tested on Windows XP Pro with SP1a. I don't believe they will work
with SP2

amapsr

Dec 22, 2006, 9:20:01 AM12/22/06
akendra,
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! This issues has plagued me for months and it
even works with the KB921398 patch installed. Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!