AutoPlay/no Explorer shell

KM

Oct 21, 2003, 2:10:24 PM10/21/03
Hello, All!

Does anybody know if it is possible to have AutoPlay feature in XP Embedded
image not running Explorer.exe? Assume that shell32.dll is included and
registered fine (I believe the shell32.dll has the implementation for the
AutoPlay feature, right?).

My idea is to have my custom shell/Minlogon combination to decrease boot
time but still to have AutoPlay working.
Before I spend a bunch of time testing/debugging the image I'd like to know
if this is working scenario or it is doomed.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Best regards,
KM.

Brad Combs

Oct 22, 2003, 2:21:17 PM10/22/03
KM,

First try this with Winlogon, then Minlogon. I bet it won't work with
minlogon, but add this to the extra registry data of the runtime, go to
advanced and set the phase to late in FBA so it doesn't get overwritten...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explor
er]
"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=dword:00000091

HTH,
Brad Combs