Local Computer Policy Startup/shutdown/logon/logoff scripts

Pieter

Dec 28, 2006, 9:16:17 AM12/28/06
Hello group,

After FBA has completed I add script files that will run on startup,
shutdown, logon and logoff. I use Group Policy Object Editor to do this
Does anyone know how to do this automaticly during fba?

TIA

Pieter

KM

Dec 28, 2006, 8:52:46 PM12/28/06
Pieter,

I think you can try to set it up by copying %systemroot%\system32\GroupPolicy template folder. Basically I suggest you to set up
policy settings on XPPro machine or on your working XPe image and then save off that folder. The most important file you'd need is
Registry.pol (up to you if you set it up on User or Machine level). That file will contain names for the scripts under Scripts
subfolder.
More info on those folders: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/reskit/distrib/dsec_pol_dppk.mspx?mfr=true

Group policy settings (like sync or show script windows) are stored in registry. Here you'll find what GPO policies you want to
change: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/reskit/prork/prda_dcm_xfbt.mspx?mfr=true
And here you will find an excel file that describes most of the GPO reg keys:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7821C32F-DA15-438D-8E48-45915CD2BC14&displaylang=en

You can use gpupdate.exe to refresh policies changed. It is part of the "Group Policy Refresh Utility" component.

To do all the above, you may want to set up FBA Generic Command (just set the phase to some late phase to make sure all GPO objects
are installed by that time): http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms912924.aspx

--
=========
Regards,