Product activation error 0x80070002: New

David Jones vpac org >

Oct 1, 2007, 7:30:01 AM10/1/07
I am getting the same product actication error.
I have looked at the 2 threads on this ng (search 0x80070002) and found a
couple of things to work on.

But I don't think my problem is solved.
===================
Situation:
System: VIA EPIA Motherboard, 512M RAM
Laptop HD: 6G, partition size = to that
Set target partition in XPe to 5Gig as recomended

I initially built an image on a 512M Embed disk that booted OK.
The project file got corrupted so I created a new one and started using a 6
Gig HD becuase my OS (using .NET 2) was running out of space.

It goes through the FBA then boots.
When it logs in automatically using the default user I get the error message:
"A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for
this computer. Error code 0x80070002"

I tried rebooting in a number of Safe modes but these blue screened.

I general search on the error finds that the error could cause by 2 things
with desktop XP:
This issue can occur if one of the following conditions is true: •
-The default security provider in Windows XP has been changed.
-The system drive letter has changed.

I initially thought tha the 2nd reason could be relevant because I had a
second drive that I was running as C drive when I booted desktop XP, but hi
swas physically the 2nd drive. I reran FBA after recopying the XPe build and
remove the desktop XP drive. This didn't solve it.

===================

Any ideas? I think I'll create a new partition < 1 Gig and see if that works.
--
Thx in advance David Jones
Software Developer

David Jones vpac org >

Oct 1, 2007, 8:05:01 AM10/1/07
XPE Help has the following information:

Boot Partition Size:
--------------------------
Specifies the size of the partition that holds your run-time image, in
megabytes. The default is 1024 MB.

Note The size of the partition affects the functionality of the Winlogon
component. When a partition size is larger than 1000 MB, the Winlogon
component requires the presence of the Winlogon Support Files component.
If your partition is smaller than 1000 MB, be sure to indicate its size here
so that Winlogon can function without the Winlogon Support Files component.
Otherwise you will not be able to log on to your run-time image by using
Winlogon.

Some things to try here.

--

David Jones
Software Developer
(Embeddded Systems)
Victorian Partnership of Advanced Computing
Melbourne, Victoria Australia

David Jones vpac org >

Oct 1, 2007, 8:21:01 AM10/1/07
My image already had
Windows Logon (Standard)
..so that's not a solution??

There is also the WinLogon Macro.??

David Jones vpac org >

Oct 1, 2007, 8:34:01 AM10/1/07
Ignore my 2 replies to this.
Should have read what it said more carefully.
It WAS referring to the WinLogon Macro that enables minimal images.
ie "WinLogin support files" is not the solution to this problem.

I suspect that the problem IS somthing to do with XPe image size licensing
boundaries. So I'll try a partition < 1 Gig

David Jones vpac org >

Oct 1, 2007, 10:59:01 PM10/1/07
The 990M partition worked.
I am building an unlicensed (90 day) image.
So I suspect that there is a max partition size for such builds.

Only problem now is that the image is about 480M and I have 512M of ram so C
drive only has 56M spare. I disabled hibernate to get rid of hiberfile.sys
to get that space back.

To do: Try different partition sizes to see what works; or search the
documentation!

Sean Liming (eMVP)

Oct 2, 2007, 1:14:24 AM10/2/07
There is no such limitation. If you are setting the partition size in the
configuration, don't. Leave the boot partition size to 1024. The 5GB
recomendation is in error. Only change the size when the boot partition is
lower than 1GB.

Regards,

Sean Liming
www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com
Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit

David Jones vpac org >