Databases

1 view

skylark_za

Apr 13, 2007, 7:36:00 AM4/13/07
I am trying to install a program which uses a Microsoft Access database but
when I try and configure a new data source in ODBC data source, I get the
following error:

The setup routines for the Microsft Access Driver (*.mdb) ODBC driver could
not be loaded due to system error code 126.

Could not load the setup or translator library.

Do I need to include MDAC in my build, how do I do this as I can't find any
information on how to do this in the help files?

Please could somebody help shed some light on what I need to include in my
XPe build in order to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

KM

Apr 13, 2007, 2:00:16 PM4/13/07
Do you have "Jet Database XXX" components in your image? (particularly "Jet Database ODBC Support")

If it doesn't help, you should try "Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC)" with all dependencies.

--
=========
Regards,

skylark_za

Apr 16, 2007, 6:36:02 AM4/16/07
KM, thanks fro your help, this seemed to help although I now get another
error which I am not sure if it is related or not. Below is the error I am
now receiving:

I have installed an application on a XPe build which when I try and run it,
it gives me the following error.

Run-time error '339':
Component 'threed32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly
registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I have checked to see if the ‘threed32.ocx’ file is installed and I am able
to find it in C:\Windows\System32, but if I try and register the file using
regsvr32 I get the following error:

LoadLibrary(“C:\windows\system32\threed32.ocx”) failed – The specified
module could not be found.

Any ideas on what I need to do to correct these errors?

Thanks

JL

KM

Apr 16, 2007, 2:56:07 PM4/16/07
The threed32.ocx is not part of XPE Repository.
Looks like it is a 3rd party ActiveX component and required by whatever you are trying to install at run time.

--
=========
Regards,

> KM, thanks fro your help, this seemed to help although I now get another
> error which I am not sure if it is related or not. Below is the error I am
> now receiving:
>
> I have installed an application on a XPe build which when I try and run it,
> it gives me the following error.
>
> Run-time error '339':
> Component 'threed32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly
> registered: a file is missing or invalid.
>
> I have checked to see if the 'threed32.ocx' file is installed and I am able
> to find it in C:\Windows\System32, but if I try and register the file using
> regsvr32 I get the following error:
>

> LoadLibrary("C:\windows\system32\threed32.ocx") failed - The specified

skylark_za

Apr 18, 2007, 12:47:17 PM4/18/07
Thanks KM

Have now sorted my problem by copying the threed32.ocx file in my image
using "extra file"

JL