nfuse ica download error

R.Demandt

Jan 30, 2006, 1:20:28 PM1/30/06
While trying to acces an citrix nfuse server from the internet, I keep
getting an error message when the .ica file tries to start downloading: "your
current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded". Is there
anyway to solve this problem? (The pc is running windows xp embedded SP2).

Thanks for any response,
R.Demandt

KM

Jan 30, 2006, 3:21:09 PM1/30/06
Perhaps lowering down you IE security settings to allow file downloads would help?
Or, at least, moving the server domain to trusted zone?

--
=========
Regards,

R.Demandt

Jan 30, 2006, 3:36:30 PM1/30/06
I did set my security level to low and enabled download in the zone. Also
this PC isn't in a domian, the PC is used to acces the nfuse server from a
remote location trough the internet using a UMTS connection

Debbie Giuliano

Jan 30, 2006, 3:43:46 PM1/30/06
I am having the same issue as well. And for test purposes I did set it to a
trusted zone and it comes up as a trusted zone however when I go to launch
an application from the citrix I get an error about the security settings do
not allow this. I enabled everything and get the same error. This problem
did not start until KB883939 which was part of june's rollup. I even tried
updating the database to the latest and then not only cannot I not download
citrix applications but I cannot install flash player or shockwave and the
fax gets messed up as well. If I back track the database everything works
so it is something that was put in these updates. Is there a registry
setting that I can poke a hole through to allow this?

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net

"R.Demandt" <RDem...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

KM

Jan 30, 2006, 8:36:11 PM1/30/06
You may want to try this fix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909889

Zone settings are stored under [HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones]

--
=========
Regards,

R.Demandt

Jan 31, 2006, 10:27:31 AM1/31/06
this patch doen't solve the problem with the nfuse server, because it''s not
using activeX, but an java applet

Debbie Giuliano

Jan 31, 2006, 11:22:49 AM1/31/06
KM, I tried that registry and I received the same error. My error only
occurs when I try to launch a published application. It works fine on a XP
Pro machine but when I use XP embedded with KB883939 or higher it does not
allow me to lauch the published applications. I have enabled everything in
the internet options and I still get that your security does not allow you
to do this. It goes to download the citrix published application and start
WIFICA32.EXE but IE does not allow it.

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net

"R.Demandt" <RDem...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Zirong Wang

Jan 31, 2006, 11:50:45 AM1/31/06
I once had the same error (after having applied security patch.
don't remember what one)

and after 3 days of fiddling, I found the work around, at least it
works for me (and for someone in this newgroup):

; mysterious reserved setting, shamely set to 3 by IE hence preventing
from downloading file
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Zones\0","1807",0x00010001,0
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Zones\1","1807",0x00010001,0
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Zones\2","1807",0x00010001,0

can you give it a try, pay attention to line wrap of my mailer.

work around, work around, 3 and half years ago, it was the case, and it
is still the case today.

Zirong

Debbie Giuliano

Jan 31, 2006, 12:18:10 PM1/31/06
I tried changing those zone 0, 1, and 2 on value 1807 to zero no luck.

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net

"Zirong Wang" <nos...@blackhole.net> wrote in message

Zirong Wang

Jan 31, 2006, 10:37:35 PM1/31/06
Well, this means that there must be other mysterious values to consider.
you say with XP pro, it works, so I would try to export whole
"HKCU,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings"
branch, and delete the corresponding branch in XPe, then re-inject
the XP pro one to XPe, if it works, you know how to use the rule of
dichotomy.

have you re-start IE after modifying registry?

Zirong

"Debbie Giuliano" <gda...@qwest.net> wrote in message

R.Demandt

Jan 31, 2006, 3:09:38 PM1/31/06
Still not working.
Is it possible that were just missing a patch or something?

Debbie Giuliano

Jan 31, 2006, 3:25:43 PM1/31/06
Zirong,

You were right. I did not close out my browser and retry it. Those zone
settings were my issue. It was changed on component Primitive:SHDOCVW on
KB883939. I made the changes in Target Designer and it works like a champ.
Thanks!!!

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net

"R.Demandt" <RDem...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Zirong Wang

Feb 1, 2006, 12:49:17 AM2/1/06
Debbie,

I am very happy that my 3 days of work can beneficiate others.
the problem was that there are no setting in IE options that can
configure this mysterious reserved value. MS does explain other
values but not this damned 1807. And they did not even react
some months ago when a guy asked the question and I answered.
hope this time they will react.

hmmm, no, I am not willing to fill their bug/request form with
20 fields.

R. Demandt, you did not tell if you have tried my work around or
the result.

for my incommensurable ego, I am glad to hear if my answers to
questions have any usefulness.

thanks

Zirong

"Debbie Giuliano" <gda...@qwest.net> wrote in message

Debbie Giuliano

Jan 31, 2006, 5:13:18 PM1/31/06
Zirong,

What is even stranger is that they put upgrades for download and don't tell
you the registry entries they change and you are right it is very
frustrating. There is no listing any where on the zones and values and what
they refer to at all. There should be sufficient documentation so we don't
have to stuggle for days! Thanks again for your assistance.

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net

"Zirong Wang" <nos...@blackhole.net> wrote in message

KM

Feb 1, 2006, 3:48:45 AM2/1/06
1807 ? "Reserved **" :-)

=========
Regards,
KM

KM

Feb 1, 2006, 3:51:07 AM2/1/06
Well.. In fact I was just trying to tell you to copy the entire [HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Zones]
key from XP Pro where you had that system working.

But I see you got very good fix provided by Zirong :-)

--
=========
Regards,

Zirong Wang

Feb 1, 2006, 5:55:02 AM2/1/06
yes, reserved, but used secretly by XPe's IE.
that's why I had all the peine of the world the
find the cause.

tell me the the logic, reserved but used ? this should
be the logic used by people there (well you know where I
mean)

R.Demandt

Feb 1, 2006, 10:48:18 AM2/1/06
Even afther applying changes to the registry, still not working.
I really have no idea what the problem could be

Zirong Wang

Feb 1, 2006, 11:02:01 AM2/1/06
maybe try to see if it works on XP pro, if yes, play
with what I described when answering Debbie:
export XP pro reg
delete XPe reg
inject xp pro reg to xpe

I assume you have closed IE after having modified XPe regs.

Debbie Giuliano

Feb 1, 2006, 12:08:39 PM2/1/06
Thanks KM, that is very helpful

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net

"KM" <konstmor@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote in message

KM

Feb 1, 2006, 1:21:27 PM2/1/06
Well.. it is much easier to do a search when you know what you are looking for :-)

Here is much better Zone description info resource for you, guys:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/security/szone/overview/templates.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/security/szone/reference/constants/urlaction.asp

And specifically about the 1807 policy:

URLACTION_SHELL_EXECUTE_MODRISK (0x00001807)
Internet Explorer 6 for Windows XP SP2 and later. Determines whether launching ambiguous files (file types that could be used by
viruses or other malicious code) is permitted from the URL security zone.

--
=========
Regards,

Zirong Wang

Feb 1, 2006, 11:27:39 PM2/1/06
Good finding Konstantin !

I believe I searched the web several months ago and could not find the
explanation of this now famous policy.

"KM" <konstmor@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote in message

Buck@discussions.microsoft.com Uncle Buck

Apr 5, 2006, 9:44:02 AM4/5/06
Zirong,

You Rock!!!!!

Thank you for spending the three days fixing this error. Everything worked
after I changed all 1807's to zero!

Zirong Wang

Apr 5, 2006, 12:02:33 PM4/5/06
it is always a pleasure to know that my post
has helped someone, my evergrowing ego gets
satifact. hmmmmm

I note: Uncle Buck provided feed back, so if he
has future questions and I know the answer
I will spend time to him.

par contre....

Zirong

mastertech111

May 3, 2006, 7:35:01 PM5/3/06

mastertech111

May 3, 2006, 7:40:02 PM5/3/06
Zirong,

As Uncle Buck said "You Rock" I AGREE!! 1rst day at this new client site
having this problem which was unexplainable because when you login to the
citrix with the ip address of the citrix server you do not see this problem
but when logging in with the host name you see this problem. I changed the
zones from 3 to 0 and it worked.

I will say it again "YOU ROCK". Thanks Pal!