How will Microsoft's decision to stop selling XP affect XPe?

John Rose

Apr 13, 2007, 9:42:01 AM4/13/07
Subject says it all really, An an OEM supplier of XPe, how will the recent
decision by microsoft to stop selling all versions of XP at the begining of
2008 affect me? Will I still be able to supply OEM licenses after this date
(or after subsequent dates?

Is there even a version of vista embedded?

After spending 3 years getting my image of XPe as I would like it, WHy
should I change?

John

Sean Liming (eMVP)

Apr 13, 2007, 12:55:28 PM4/13/07

Because the embedded market has long life cycles, in theory, XPe should be
support for 10 years, but that is just a theory. You should contact your
Microsoft distributor for more information.

At MEDC, there will be information on Vista for Embedded.

Regards,

Sean Liming
www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com
XP Embedded Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental
Toolkit

"John Rose" <John...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

KM

Apr 13, 2007, 2:06:56 PM4/13/07
John,

There was a nice blog article about the lifecycle from the product team folks.
Here we go: http://blogs.msdn.com/embedded/archive/2006/11/24/xp-embedded-lifecycle-support.aspx

--
=========
Regards,