removing explorer bar from folder view menu

1 view

D. York

Jun 13, 2006, 9:36:26 AM6/13/06
I am trying to "lock down" PC's located out in a manufacturing environment
running Windows XP Pro SP2.

I've got it just about the way I want it with one exception. I have created
icons on the desktop for their mapped drives. But these drives contain the
view menu in uppper left hand corner. If you click on view menu - you have
the option for explorer bar.

Can I remove the view menu or the explorer bar option?

Larry Gardner

Jun 13, 2006, 10:09:31 AM6/13/06
When you said that you created icons on the desktop for the mapped drives,
I'm assuming that you created them as shortcuts?
The view menu, is this caused by right-clicking on the icon (to display the
Context Menu)?

"D. York" <dynal...@climaxpkg.com> wrote in message

D. York

Jun 13, 2006, 10:24:34 AM6/13/06
No - the view menu shows when you double click on the mapped drive icon -
this shows the content of the users drive - but at the top - you get the
file, edit, view items in the upper left hand corner.

I would like to remove that view all together or atleast stop the explorer
bar being listed when you click on view.

"Larry Gardner" <newsci...@usadatanet.net> wrote in message

D. York

Jun 13, 2006, 4:03:05 PM6/13/06
figured it out. Thanks anyway

"D. York" <dynal...@climaxpkg.com> wrote in message

mpj...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2006, 4:06:53 PM6/27/06
Will you share with the rest of us what you figured out?

D.York

Sep 7, 2006, 2:17:02 PM9/7/06
Yes, I would be happy to share what I found:

Goto regedit

under HKLM, HKEY CLASSES ROOT, CLSID

The CLSID for explorer bar is: EFA24E640-B078-11D0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E

Backup the registry & then delete this entry. You can still click on
View/Explorer Bar/Folders - but they will be greyed out - so the user cannot
do anything - that solved my problem. Hope this will help.

D.York

Sep 7, 2006, 2:21:01 PM9/7/06
There was a typo in my last post - in the Explorer Bar CLSID-

It should be: EFA24E64-B078-11D0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E

sorry for any inconvenience, responding right away as to save any confusion