cannot change desktop background

Kelly

Dec 6, 2002, 5:10:39 AM12/6/02

Check your settings here: Start/Run/Regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
System

If you have Wallpaper listed in the right pane, either change its data value
or delete it.

Also here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveD
esktop
NoChangingWallPaper.

Also under Local Machine:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Policies\ActiveDesktop

To make the change, it can be done here as well:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop. In the right pane change to path
to Wallpaper.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows® XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com