Fails to open

Ray

Jan 24, 2010, 1:17:41 PM1/24/10
I have two websites that I have accessed regularly for years with no problems. Recently I
installed "Microsoft Security Essentials" and since then I cannot open those two sites. I
am assuming that the antivirus program is blocking them but don't know how to allow them
to run. I disabled the AV program through "services.msc" but still can't open them. I
tried restarting after disabling but the AV program is active at startup so that's no
help. Is there a way to stop the AV from running at startup? As I said, I am assuming
the cause is MSE.
--
Ray

Jim

Jan 24, 2010, 1:50:49 PM1/24/10

If there is a firewall in MSE , that could be blocking the websites .

The Real Truth MVP

Jan 24, 2010, 2:08:32 PM1/24/10
What website?

your time.

"Ray" <rba...@nwi.net> wrote in message

JD

Jan 24, 2010, 2:36:27 PM1/24/10

In case you're not aware, The Real Truth MVP is not listed on the MVP list:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

The web page http://www.ms-mvp.org/ uses Godaddy's stealth
frame-redirection to redirect you to:
http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/tools/tools.htm

Check out �pcbutts� using your favorite search engine.

Can you really trust someone like this? Do you really want to download
his software and/or follow his advice?

--
JD..

Ray

Jan 24, 2010, 3:20:44 PM1/24/10
Limewire 5.4.6. Also Firewire which I uninstalled.

--
Ray

"The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote in message

The Real Truth MVP

Jan 24, 2010, 4:01:57 PM1/24/10
MSE does not block Limewire the program or its website.

your time.

"Ray" <rba...@nwi.net> wrote in message

Hot-text

Jan 24, 2010, 7:52:26 PM1/24/10

<J...@example.invalid> ?WHO expertise
http://temerc.blogspot.com/2006/09/pcbutts-internet-software-thief.html

"JD" <J...@example.invalid> wrote in message

Rick

Jan 24, 2010, 9:16:14 PM1/24/10
The Real Truth MVP wrote:
> MSE does not block Limewire the program or its website.

do not believe any thing this guy says--he is a total fake and besides
that always gives bad advise.

Hot-text

Jan 24, 2010, 9:31:29 PM1/24/10
Rick
do you have INFO
to SHOW US
We I see advise of Real Truth give out.
so is that the help advise you give to a OP
Hmm

"Rick" <Pawa...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Jolly Polly

Jan 25, 2010, 5:58:15 AM1/25/10

You may well have a/several viruses

Download 'malwarebytes free version' and install, update and do a FULL scan
http://www.malwarebytes.org/
then, when finished
Download 'Spybot search & destroy' also free and install, (DO NOT
install the teatimer gadget), update, and do a scan of all your hard drives
then, when finished
Goto http://onecare.live.com/site/en-my/default.htm?mkt=en-my
click on full service scan, follow the instructions and install when
asked to do so
then, when finished
Goto http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/
click on Eset Online Scanner, again follow the instructions

after this you should be clear of viruses, one scanner is not enough do
them all, I know it takes a while but it's worth it.
then uninstall them, they've done there job, they will slow your PC down
in day to day use. If you need them in the future you can download again

Polly

Rick

Jan 25, 2010, 9:50:45 AM1/25/10
I think that David said it all. I had a malware problem and The "Real
Truth"--NOT! said re install everything.--Bad advise. Others, more
knowledgeable suggested a number programs to help in removal of the
malware. This nitwit should be ignored.

M.I.5�

Jan 25, 2010, 10:04:48 AM1/25/10

"Hot-text" <hot-...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Rick
> do you have INFO
> to SHOW US
> We I see advise of Real Truth give out.
> so is that the help advise you give to a OP
> Hmm

And it would appear that 'The real Truth' has more than one sock puppet to
give false support.

Rick

Jan 25, 2010, 11:15:32 AM1/25/10
so it seems :)

Hot-text

Jan 25, 2010, 4:20:09 PM1/25/10

Good Rick you do have Info
it help to gave out good Info

The Real Truth MVP not fake
But give out Bad advise some time
for we all do that some times
But to call someone a fake is not good info
to say ignored someone can and will run OP to the Bad advise
if you just give good info, not advise on someone and a OP will Believe you!
So I have no advise for you but ask you for good INFO

Your truly
the top Post

"Rick" <Pawa...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Hot-text

Jan 25, 2010, 4:29:43 PM1/25/10

M.I.5�
you have so INFO to Give out or advise
Or you just like Real Truth

I see 3 pea in a pod ,,<<< On how give out advise on The Real Truth
M.I.5� can you name the 3
Info one is you!

"M.I.5�" <no....@no.where.NO_SPAM.co.uk> wrote in message

Tom Willett

Jan 25, 2010, 5:31:41 PM1/25/10

You are stark raving mad.

"Hot-text" <hot-...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

: Good Rick you do have Info

:

The Real Truth MVP

Jan 25, 2010, 7:19:13 PM1/25/10
I think you should really learn to read. I never said that. Copy the post
where I said that so I can show you your mistake or are you trolling.

your time.

Hot-text

Jan 26, 2010, 12:28:38 AM1/26/10
Here it is show me your mistake

your time.

"The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote in message

M.I.5�

Jan 26, 2010, 5:09:48 AM1/26/10

> M.I.5�
> you have so INFO to Give out or advise
> Or you just like Real Truth
>
> I see 3 pea in a pod ,,<<< On how give out advise on The Real Truth
> M.I.5� can you name the 3
> Info one is you!

I cannot answer a post that makes not the slightest bit of sense.

Dave M

Jan 26, 2010, 3:29:01 PM1/26/10
Apparently the real truth lies in the eye of the beholder:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msescan/thread/b0a968c2-58c1-4e3c-a5e5-2ad19bf300d0
--
Regards, Dave

"Ray" wrote:

> .

Leythos

Jan 26, 2010, 3:49:38 PM1/26/10
In article <4b5db2cf$1...@glkas0286.greenlnk.net>,
no....@no.where.NO_SPAM.co.uk says...

At last count there were more than 20 socks that PCBUTTS has used in
various groups - some fake problems and he helps them and they post what
a great guy he is, some post fake complaints against others anti-malware
tools, some are used to impersonate those of us that have followed his
theft of others works and his posting of filthy pornographic materials
in Usenet and on his website....

Trust yourself.
spam9...@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

M.I.5�

Jan 27, 2010, 4:12:29 AM1/27/10

"Leythos" <spam9...@rrohio.com> wrote in message

> In article <4b5db2cf$1...@glkas0286.greenlnk.net>,
> no....@no.where.NO_SPAM.co.uk says...
>>
>> "Hot-text" <hot-...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Rick
>> > do you have INFO
>> > to SHOW US
>> > We I see advise of Real Truth give out.
>> > so is that the help advise you give to a OP
>> > Hmm
>> >

>> And it would appear that 'The real Truth' has more than one sock puppet
>> give false support.
>
> At last count there were more than 20 socks that PCBUTTS has used in
> various groups - some fake problems and he helps them and they post what
> a great guy he is, some post fake complaints against others anti-malware
> tools, some are used to impersonate those of us that have followed his
> theft of others works and his posting of filthy pornographic materials
> in Usenet and on his website....

There has been a suggestion that he is in fact a she.

Any truth?

M.I.5�

Jan 27, 2010, 4:33:22 AM1/27/10

"Hot-text" <hot-...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Good Rick you do have Info
> it help to gave out good Info
>
> The Real Truth MVP not fake
> But give out Bad advise some time
> for we all do that some times
> But to call someone a fake is not good info
> to say ignored someone can and will run OP to the Bad advise
> if you just give good info, not advise on someone and a OP will Believe
> you!
> So I have no advise for you but ask you for good INFO

But then, one of The Real Truth's sock puppets would make that claim.

JD

Jan 27, 2010, 8:37:00 AM1/27/10

Welcome to Not The Real Truth 101:

http://tekrider.net/usenet/pcbutts.php

--
JD..

PA Bear [MS-MVP]

Feb 17, 2010, 4:25:44 PM2/17/10
[Crosspost to IE General]

What anti-virus application was installed *before* you installed MSE
and was your subscription still current?

Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the computer
(e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
it)?

See...

Can I install MSE to clean up my already-infected computer?
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msescan/thread/87058857-d181-4019-a723-efd9a49d9275

On Jan 24, 1:17 pm, Ray wrote...