From: Muddog41 <Muddo...@discussions.microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 01:11:26 -0800
Local: Sun, Mar 5 2006 4:11 am
Subject: RE: WGA KB892130 Fix for Error 0x80070005
Hey folks I got the fix from Eden Wang at microsoft.. It worked great for me..
Step 1: Reset permissions
This step will reset the permission settings on this system, which may take
us some time, your patience is highly appreciated.
1. Please click the link below and download the tool.
Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a
2. Save the file to your desktop.
(NOTE: It may take several minutes, please be patient. When it is finished,
After completing the above steps, please refer to the Windows Update website
Step 2 Install the WGA engine manually
Open the downloaded cab file and we will find the following two files:
2. Click "Start", click "Run", type: "%windir%\system32" (without
3. Click "Start", click "Run", type: "REGSVR32 LegitCheckControl.dll"
4. Click "Start", click "Run", type: "inf" (without quotations) and press
5. Right click on the copied LegitCheckControl.inf file in the inf folder,
After we finish the above steps, please restart the computer and try to
"Gary Caldwell" wrote:
> The WGA diagnostic tool has been updated to correct this problem seen by some
> customers. Please download and execute it from:
> After running the tool, please return to Windows Update and try it again.
> We will be posting a support article describing the problem. If you
> Thank you,
> Gary Caldwell
You must Sign in before you can post messages.
To post a message you must first join this group.
Please update your nickname on the subscription settings page before posting.
You do not have the permission required to post.