RE: Error 80072EFD

Richard

Feb 23, 2009, 3:59:01 AM2/23/09
I have windows vista home premium.

I have looked on microsoft web site and cannot find an answer to my problem.
I have done everthing it says to do for error 80072efd.

Microsoft says that I must go to dell computers to get help, they will not
help, have to be the one who installed the software. Dell wants to charge
over a 100 for one call and over 200 for others. One of Dells personnel said
that I did not need to get updates. wow.

This is rediculous that microsoft with all their money that they will not
help to fix the problem.

"SickNTired" wrote:

> I've been a computer user for 15 years, but I'm a USER not a TECH. I don't
> understand any of the 'solutions' Microsoft offers, and the posts in this
> forum are also too technical for me.
> Is this as good as Microsoft gets??? I have not gotten any updates since
> Oct 07, even though it says 'automatic updates' is on. The windows update
> page just searches and returns Error 80072EFD. I have Windows Firewall on,
> but I don't know if there's another firewall. I don't know, and don't want
> to know how to access the 'logfiles', or my registry.
> Doesn't Microsoft do anything to fix their problems??

TaurArian

Feb 23, 2009, 5:37:56 AM2/23/09
Error: 80072EFD = ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT
Translation: Cannot connect to the Internet server

There's a possibility that either a 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware
program, web accelerator, Internet security/antivirus program and/or a proxy
server is interfering with the Windows Update Services (SVCHOST) accessing
the Internet.

When accessing the Update site, you receive the 0x80072EE2 or 0x80072EFD
error.
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/showarticle.aspx?articleid=32&ln=en&IsMu=False

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org