Windows Update

1 view

it''s a jeep thing

Aug 7, 2006, 11:19:02 PM8/7/06
I get this message:
[Error number: 0x80072EE4]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem

--
justanotheruser

NIKOS

Aug 9, 2006, 2:17:02 AM8/9/06

silverlady33

Sep 26, 2007, 2:46:01 PM9/26/07

silverlady33

atch71

Sep 27, 2007, 5:26:00 PM9/27/07
What is this all about? When updates are attempted I get the following:

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
[error number 0x80070020]

Frustration quotient is running high!

Stan H

Sep 28, 2007, 12:12:02 PM9/28/07
We run Windows update and it says we have (1) optional, software update.
We click on it and then click review and install update and it says no
updates were selected. Any ideas ? We have Windows XP Home with SP2 and all
the updates except this one(root certificates update) that doesn't install.
--
windows novice

Jimmy

Sep 29, 2007, 6:19:00 AM9/29/07

If anyone out there has Spybot Search & Destroy and while trying to run
Windows update you receive the error number 0x80070020 and this message:

"Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the
requested page".

I corrected the problem in my computer. It was the "Tea Timer" in Spybot S&D.

Bring up Spybot S&D and click on mode.....then select advanced mode....click
yes in the pop up box.

Then click tools at lower left....then click resident.....then uncheck the
Resident "Tea Timer" box.

X out and that should do it and hopefully most will be able to get the
Windows updates.

You can go back after updating and put "Tea Timer" back on by following the
above steps. You may have to do the same thing next time you update unless
Spybot S&D fixes the glitch in the meantime.

PS - "Tea Timer" ( if you have Spybot S&D) is an overall protection of
settings on your computer.

atch71

Sep 29, 2007, 10:01:00 AM9/29/07
You Nailed it ! Thanks Jimmy!

Jimmy

Sep 29, 2007, 11:20:01 AM9/29/07
Great! I'm glad it worked for you.

Jimmy L.

Paul

Sep 29, 2007, 1:16:00 PM9/29/07

ReadCrow

benb...@hotmail.com

Sep 30, 2007, 2:27:37 PM9/30/07

1/ I uninstalled Office 2003, all the files related to Office 2003 ( but I
didn't check the Windows Update panel.

2/ I installed Office 2007.

3/ 12 updates were to be installed, I accepted them and they are installed
on my laptop.

4/ I checked the Windows Update panel and I noticed that the SP3 update for
Office 2003 was shown in the panel " Historic of the installed updates",
I noticed that the SP3 was listed, but when I checked in the panel "
Installed
updates", the SP3 update is not listed.

What can I do to get rid of Sp3 for Office 2003 or maybe is it normal?

Thanks for replying
Ben

benb...@hotmail.com

Sep 30, 2007, 3:28:40 PM9/30/07

I uninstalled Office 2003, all the files related to Office 2007.
I installed Office 2007.

12 updates were to be installed, I accepted them and they are installed
on my laptop.

I checked the Windows Update panel and I noticed that the SP3 update for

Office 2003 was shown in the panel " Historic of the installed updates, I

noticed that the SP3 was listed, but when I checked in the panel " Installed
updates", the SP3 update is not listed.

What can I do or maybe is it normal?

I got Microsoft Office Diagnostic run and I'm told that 2 versions of Office
are on my laptop which is not true.
I checked with Windows Install Clean Up and in the Add/Remove programs and
only ONE Office is installed.
I can't understand what's going on.
Thanks for replying.
Ben
Thanks for replying
Ben

PA Bear

Sep 30, 2007, 8:46:45 PM9/30/07
If Office 2003 isn't listed in Add/Remove Programs (including Office 2003
Web Components), ignore it.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

jonboy1963

Oct 5, 2007, 3:27:00 PM10/5/07
When running windows update, it comes back and indicates I need to install ##
updates, but the size of the updates = 0kb/mb and time duration indicates 0
also. Click on Install Updates and all fail. Why and how can I fix this?

Engel

Oct 5, 2007, 5:47:00 PM10/5/07
Try re-registering the windows update components. This may help fix a corrupt
installer

1. Click on Start and Run,

2. Type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

3. Should get the message "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded" Click
OK.

4. Repeat above for each of the following:

REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL

REGSVR32 ATL.DLL

REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL

REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL

REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL

REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL

REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL

5. Reboot

Now try to install your updates.

A free prog. called "dial-a-fix", will sort out your download prob.and some
others if you need,.....

Go ahead and download Dial-a-fix.
http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix

Reboot into safe mºde (F-8)

Click the green checkmark and click Go.

After it has finished,

Reboot

try Windows Update and see if you can get your updates installed.

Let us know what happens.
- -- ---

عبدالرحمن حدادي

Oct 6, 2007, 8:32:00 PM10/6/07