KB929300 Installation error

Hawkeye822

Dec 18, 2007, 9:15:02 AM12/18/07
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but since it is only
happening on my SCE 2007 server I thought that I would give it a try.

KB929300 update will not install on my SCE 2007 server. It downloads fine
onto the machine (from itself since it is the WSUS server also) and then
tells me that it's ready for installation. I go through the process of
running the update and then it fails. After closing the update box, the icon
shows up in the system tray again telling me that there is an update. When
you open that, it's the same update and around in the circle we go. It has
installed on every other PC and server in my environment fine.

So far I cannot find anything on the web about this failure or how to fix it
so I figured I would post it to the community for the answer since they are a
bright bunch.

Thanks to all that have helped me in the past and I appreciate it.

Robert Aldwinckle

Dec 21, 2007, 2:09:11 PM12/21/07
"Hawkeye822" <Hawke...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but since it is only
> happening on my SCE 2007 server I thought that I would give it a try.
>

> KB929300 update will not install on my SCE 2007 server. It downloads fine
> onto the machine (from itself since it is the WSUS server also) and then
> tells me that it's ready for installation. I go through the process of
> running the update and then it fails.

Then that is your opportunity to do some troubleshooting. ; )
If you were doing a .NET Framework update manually (e.g. NF 3.5)
you might get an error message which would give you sufficient hints
to resolve the problem. Otherwise you would have to root through
the abundant diagnostic files that those updates create.

FWIW this post helped me take a correct perspective on an error
message that I was initially dismissing as being bogus:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&mid=525f5309-f837-4cf9-869d-9f786fa63361&sloc=en-us

(search of Community web interface for
".net framework 3.0" beta uninstall
)