Google Grupper støtter ikke lenger nye Usenet-innlegg eller -abonnementer. Historisk innhold er fortsatt synlig.

Microsoft Update Error number: 0x800700C1

Sett 128 ganger
Hopp til første uleste melding

Kotuby@discussions.microsoft.com John Kotuby

ulest,
28. juni 2006, 06:49:0228.06.2006
til
When Microsoft Update is searching for updates for my PC I get this error:
Error number: 0x800700C1
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

Along with help comments, like using this newsgroup. Searching on this error
code or message produces no good hits. I am running WinXP with SP2 and just
installed Windows Installer 3.1 and Genuine Advantage (I have a genuine
install of XP).

Any ideas? Thanks for your help....

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

ulest,
28. juni 2006, 07:15:4828.06.2006
til
That error is related to an inability to check your license.
0x800700c1

Go to start/run, and type
regsvr32.exe regwizc.dll and press OK, then type,
regsvr32.exe licdll.dll and press OK.

--

===========================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2006

John Kotuby

ulest,
28. juni 2006, 17:01:0228.06.2006
til
Thanks TaurArian..

I had some trouble registering licdll.dll. Apparently it had gotten
corrupted or some such thing. After replacing it with the same dll from
another workstation the self-register worked fine.

Have a good one....

0 nye meldinger