Error 57E when automatic SP3 Office 2003 update on Vista - Any Ideas??

Mike

Dec 23, 2007, 4:13:12 AM12/23/07
Does anyone know the solution or fix for an error code 57E which comes up
when Vista Home Premium tries to automatically install Service Pack 3 to
Office Professional 2003?

Any ideas or leads would be very well recived - Happy Xmas.

MikeL

PA Bear

Dec 23, 2007, 10:55:04 AM12/23/07
1. Cancel the automatic install.

2. Download Office 2003 SP3; save it to your desktop, do not Run it!
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e25b7049-3e13-433b-b9d2-5e3c1132f206

3. Insert your Office 2007 CD into the proper drive and do a Repair.

4. Double-click on the saved download
(Office2003SP3-KB923618-FullFile-ENU.exe) to install.
--
Office Update-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

MikeL

Dec 24, 2007, 6:47:29 PM12/24/07
On Dec 23, 3:55 pm, "PA Bear" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Cancel the automatic install.
>
> 2. Download Office 2003 SP3; save it to your desktop, do not Run it!http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e25b7049-3e1...

> 3. Insert your Office 2007 CD into the proper drive and do a Repair.
>
> 4. Double-click on the saved download
> (Office2003SP3-KB923618-FullFile-ENU.exe) to install.
> --
> Office Update-specific newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Mike wrote:
> > Does anyone know the solution or fix for anerrorcode57Ewhich comes up

> > when Vista Home Premium tries to automatically install Service Pack 3 to
> > Office Professional 2003?
>
> > Any ideas or leads would be very well recived - Happy Xmas.
>
> > MikeL- Hide quoted text -

Dear Robear,

Many thanks for the above instructions - I did exactly what you
suggested and now get following the message when I try to 'Repair '
office 2003 from the disk: " Error 1406: setup can not write to
registry key {\CLSID\13DE4A42-8D21-468E-BF9C-8F69CB068FCA} - verify
that you have sufficient permissions etc........if I ignore this I get
the same message but with ref to {F0291081-E873-4E07-97DA-
A0A371ED5863}.........I get the same message if I ignore both and then
try the manual install of the desk top down load file. Also if I try
installing the separate Outloook update and the security updates
first.

I assume some of the original registry files are corrupted??? Can you
please give me any additional advice on getting past this 'permission'
problem? If there a way to change the premissions using 'regedit'??
Please advise and a very merry Xmas to you.

Here's hoping you can get me the next stage after a few very
frustraing days. Many thanks in advance.

MikeL

PA Bear

Dec 25, 2007, 10:41:51 AM12/25/07
[Tossing this one to Office Update newsgroup for further assistance via
crosspost.]

MikeL

Dec 26, 2007, 4:51:13 AM12/26/07
> > office 2003 from the disk: "Error1406: setup can not write to

> > registry key {\CLSID\13DE4A42-8D21-468E-BF9C-8F69CB068FCA} - verify
> > that you have sufficient permissions etc........if I ignore this I get
> > the same message but with ref to {F0291081-E873-4E07-97DA-
> > A0A371ED5863}.........I get the same message if I ignore both and then
> > try the manual install of the desk top down load file. Also if I try
> > installing the separate Outloook update and the security updates
> > first.
>
> > I assume some of the original registry files are corrupted??? Can you
> > please give me any additional advice on getting past this 'permission'
> > problem? If there a way to change the premissions using 'regedit'??
> > Please advise and a very merry Xmas to you.
>
> > Here's hoping you can get me the next stage after a few very
> > frustraing days. Many thanks in advance.
>
> > MikeL- Hide quoted text -

Many thanks....will I still get an email advising if anyone has a
solution?

MikeL