Service Pack 2

Katie

Oct 27, 2008, 3:40:06 PM10/27/08
We are using Office 2003 with Windows XP, and I have tried several times to
run my updates with the Service Pack 2 update included. I keep getting a
message that says SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109) failed to
install. I have tried it several times. Is there something else I can do to
fix this? I keep getting prompted every day to run updates because this one
update will not work.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Oct 27, 2008, 7:09:10 PM10/27/08
"Please call 1-800-936-5700 (or 1-800-936-4900 and ask to be routed to the
SQL-Public Team) to open a free consumer support case. There is no charge
for support related to installing a Security Update.

"When you call please let them know that this has to do with Security
Bulletin MS08-040.

"If they try to charge you, please let them know that there is free support
for any issues with Security Updates."

Source:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/05fc180d9f9e71b9
and
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/dcbeea74c983c1c6

=======

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB999999).

If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
above number and ask to be transferred to the "Consumer IE queue" (which is
47830).

your usual support contacts.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)