Error Message 0x8007045D

Kim

Jul 31, 2006, 2:06:02 PM7/31/06
When I try to download SP2, I get an error message 0x8007045D. What should I
do?

Robin Walker [MVP]

Jul 31, 2006, 2:56:01 PM7/31/06
Kim <K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When I try to download SP2, I get an error message 0x8007045D. What
> should I do?

8007045d = "ERROR_IO_DEVICE - The request could not be performed because of
an I/O device error."

Possibly your hard disk is going bad. Run a full chkdsk as follows:

Open "My Computer".
Right click drive C:, select "Properties".
Click tab "Tools"
Click "Check now"
Check *both* check-boxes, and click Start.
Follow instructions to restart Windows.

Before Windows reloads, it will run a full chkdsk, which might take an hour
or more. Take note of any significant errors reported: if it says it has
replaced bad clusters in files, those files might now be corrupt.

If there are very many errors, you shoud consider backing up your data
files, reformatting, and installing a fresh version of Windows.

--
Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
rd...@cam.ac.uk