windows update error 80070424

Pete

Apr 26, 2007, 5:10:01 AM4/26/07
hey everybody. I got a serious problem I can't activate my windows update and
as soon as I'm trying to update manual I'm getting this error 80070424.

nowhere is mentioned what this error code means and how to solve it. So if
anyone has a solution, please give a comment

- thx, Pete

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

Apr 26, 2007, 6:01:02 AM4/26/07
Click Start, select run, type: regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

if that doesn't do the trick:-

Verify that BITS is correctly configured and started:

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
2. Double-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
3. In the Startup type box, click Manual, and then click Apply.
4. Click the Log On tab, and then verify that the service is enabled in every hardware
profile that is listed. If the service is disabled in one or more hardware profiles, click
the hardware profile, click Enable, and then click Apply.
5. Click the General tab, and then click Start.

If that's all okay, then perhaps:-

1. Click Start.
2. Choose Run.
3. In the Run box, type (pressing okay after the command) :-
Regsvr32 QMGR.DLL

also see
You cannot turn on the Automatic Updates feature on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based
computer
http://support.microsoft.com:80/kb/916261
The Automatic Updates feature is turned off in the Security Center. Additionally, you
cannot turn on the Automatic Updates feature.
When you try to install updates from the Microsoft Windows Update Web site, you may
receive an error message that resembles the following:
0x80070424

--
====================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2007 - Australia

"Pete" <Pe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Pete

Apr 26, 2007, 6:58:01 AM4/26/07
thx alot! that 'regsvr32 wuaueng.dll' thing really made it!

TaurArian

Apr 27, 2007, 1:44:01 AM4/27/07
YW

can ertogan

Jun 11, 2007, 10:33:00 AM6/11/07
thanks , work for me too

getalexfr

Sep 6, 2007, 4:51:17 AM9/6/07

hi, i'm sorry to join this thread but you seem to know what you're
talking about and i've had no response to my own post in the vista
section. I have the same error on a Vista machine. I had to turn off
UAC to make regsrvr32 wuaueng.dll run, but it did (still error 80070424
afterwards though..)
Regsvr32 QMGR.DLL won't run -it says the module was loaded but the
entry-point dllregisterserver was not found.
BITS is also correctly configured. Any clues please? This has been
bugging me for weeks now..

getalexfr
getalexfr's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=30456
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=736326

http://forums.techarena.in

sparkie

Oct 1, 2007, 11:03:02 PM10/1/07
yeah im having the exact same thing nothing i try works

lf

Nov 26, 2007, 7:06:01 PM11/26/07
Hi mate,
Did you find any solution to this problem? I have exactly the same one and
couldn't find any answer yet.
Cheers, Luiz

error here@discussions.microsoft.com same error here

Dec 23, 2007, 10:41:01 AM12/23/07
Same error here.....please cansomeone help us??
Hugs from Brazil and nice Holidays for u all!!!

Christopher

Dec 26, 2007, 6:04:01 PM12/26/07
Just got off with microsoft... here is the fix:

Copy the following and past it into notepad... save the doc and rename it as
a bat file (example: update.bat) execute the bat file and reboot. Hope it
works as well for you as it did me:

**** Begin ****

net stop cryptsvc
net stop wuauserv
ren %windir%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old
ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
regsvr32 comcat.dll /s
Regsvr32 Msxml.dll /s
Regsvr32 Msxml2.dll /s
proxycfg -u
Regsvr32 Msxml3.dll /s
regsvr32 shdoc401.dll /s
regsvr32 cdm.dll /s
regsvr32 softpub.dll /s
regsvr32 wintrust.dll /s
regsvr32 initpki.dll /s
regsvr32 dssenh.dll /s
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll /s
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll /s
regsvr32 sccbase.dll /s
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll /s
regsvr32 mssip32.dll /s
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll /s
regsvr32 wucltui.dll /s
regsvr32 shdoc401.dll /i /s
regsvr32 dssenh.dll /s
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll /s
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll /s
regsvr32 sccbase.dll /s
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll /s
regsvr32 asctrls.ocx /s
regsvr32 wintrust.dll /s
regsvr32 initpki.dll /s
regsvr32 softpub.dll /s
regsvr32 oleaut32.dll /s
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll /I /s
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll /s
regsvr32 browseui.dll /s
regsvr32 browseui.dll /I /s
regsvr32 msrating.dll /s
regsvr32 mlang.dll /s
regsvr32 hlink.dll /s
regsvr32 mshtmled.dll /s
regsvr32 urlmon.dll /s
regsvr32 plugin.ocx /s
regsvr32 sendmail.dll /s
regsvr32 scrobj.dll /s
regsvr32 mmefxe.ocx /s
regsvr32 corpol.dll /s
regsvr32 jscript.dll /s
regsvr32 msxml.dll /s
regsvr32 imgutil.dll /s
regsvr32 thumbvw.dll /s
regsvr32 cryptext.dll /s
regsvr32 rsabase.dll /s
regsvr32 inseng.dll /s
regsvr32 iesetup.dll /i /s
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll /s
regsvr32 actxprxy.dll /s
regsvr32 dispex.dll /s
regsvr32 occache.dll /s
regsvr32 occache.dll /i /s
regsvr32 iepeers.dll /s
regsvr32 urlmon.dll /i /s
regsvr32 cdfview.dll /s
regsvr32 webcheck.dll /s
regsvr32 mobsync.dll /s
regsvr32 pngfilt.dll /s
regsvr32 licmgr10.dll /s
regsvr32 icmfilter.dll /s
regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx /s
regsvr32 inetcfg.dll /s
regsvr32 tdc.ocx /s
regsvr32 MSR2C.DLL /s
regsvr32 msident.dll /s
regsvr32 msieftp.dll /s
regsvr32 xmsconf.ocx /s
regsvr32 ils.dll /s
regsvr32 msoeacct.dll /s
regsvr32 inetcomm.dll /s
regsvr32 msdxm.ocx /s
regsvr32 dxmasf.dll /s
regsvr32 l3codecx.ax /s
regsvr32 acelpdec.ax /s
regsvr32 mpg4ds32.ax /s
regsvr32 voxmsdec.ax /s
regsvr32 danim.dll /s
regsvr32 Daxctle.ocx /s
regsvr32 lmrt.dll /s
regsvr32 datime.dll /s
regsvr32 dxtrans.dll /s
regsvr32 dxtmsft.dll /s
regsvr32 WEBPOST.DLL /s
regsvr32 WPWIZDLL.DLL /s
regsvr32 POSTWPP.DLL /s
regsvr32 CRSWPP.DLL /s
regsvr32 FTPWPP.DLL /s
regsvr32 FPWPP.DLL /s
regsvr32 WUAPI.DLL /s
regsvr32 wups2.dll /S
regsvr32 WUAUENG.DLL /s
regsvr32 ATL.DLL /s
regsvr32 WUCLTUI.DLL /s
regsvr32 WUPS.DLL /s
regsvr32 WUWEB.DLL /s
regsvr32 wshom.ocx /s
regsvr32 wshext.dll /s
regsvr32 vbscript.dll /s
regsvr32 scrrun.dll mstinit.exe /setup /s
regsvr32 msnsspc.dll /SspcCreateSspiReg /s
regsvr32 msapsspc.dll /SspcCreateSspiReg /s
proxycfg –d
sc sdset wuauserv
D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;

;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
regsvr32 mshtml.dll /s
net start cryptsvc
net start wuauserv

**** End ****

PA Bear

Dec 26, 2007, 7:19:39 PM12/26/07
This is your first post to this thread.

What is your Windows version, please?

What anti-virus, anti-spware, and/or third-party firewall might be
installed?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

> proxycfg –d

Noved

May 20, 2008, 3:06:25 PM5/20/08
"regsvr32 wuaueng.dll" worked like a charm thanks

Buck_Danny

May 30, 2008, 10:46:01 AM5/30/08
Hi, I'm getting the same problem with a Wondows Vista Ultimate SP1, 64 bits.

I get the "WindowsUpdate_80070424" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" error, I've tried
the solution there above, without any success, and didn't find any one
working on the net.

Does anyone here know a fix for this problem ?

stalgado

May 31, 2008, 5:43:00 AM5/31/08
hey just tried renaming that text as a bat and executed and now it works
fine. Cheers mate

sd

Jun 5, 2008, 12:25:01 AM6/5/08
To solve the Error number: 0×80070424 in Windows Update follow the steps
below:-

Click on Start -> Run
and paste the command below and enter

%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\WUAUENG.DLL

This line use to reregistering WUAUENG.DLL in window.

You are done! Launch your windows update again, you should be able to
perform update now.

Wask

Jun 6, 2008, 5:11:07 PM6/6/08

dude jus wanna say thanx the "regsvr32 wuaueng.dll" thing worked a treat

Al

Jun 18, 2008, 1:11:01 AM6/18/08
I have the same error as well with Vista Ultimate SP1 64 bit. The solutions
above did not work....

pvdossel

Jun 22, 2008, 5:23:00 PM6/22/08
Yep,

did the trick under Vista.
You'll have to run the batch-file as administrator though, so do not forget!

Big question however is: How did I get into this situation in the first
place??? Virus??

thefinalwolf

Jun 23, 2008, 5:44:02 PM6/23/08
Sweet this fixed my Problem, thanks!

saxnix

Jun 25, 2008, 2:04:00 AM6/25/08

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Click Start, select run, type: regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Thanks, that did the trick

sem

Jun 27, 2008, 11:44:02 AM6/27/08
estas indicasiones si funcionan por completo solo realisenlas bien

papajer

Jun 27, 2008, 12:31:01 PM6/27/08
will this fix also work with Vista?

GC

Jul 2, 2008, 4:47:00 AM7/2/08
If you have Vista and you have this problem the solution is actually very
easy...

1) click Start, then All programs, then Accessories
2) Right click on Command Promt and select run as Administrator
3) At the command prompt enter the following

%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\WUAUENG.DLL

It should pop up a window saying the .dll registration succeeded and thats it!
All fixed :)
Hope this helps...

Lena

Jul 6, 2008, 7:50:00 AM7/6/08
Thanks a lot.Your solution was very helpful!!

asd

Jul 6, 2008, 9:15:02 AM7/6/08
Thnxs for the first post :D

My updates works again :D

Thank you very much :D

freak@discussions.microsoft.com CMD freak

Jul 7, 2008, 4:11:05 PM7/7/08
this is my problem now
Regsvr32 QMGR.DLL

i have vista (i know it sux) and its telling me to check if QMGR.DLL is a
dll file or an ocx
This is the exact message vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

The module "QMGR.DLL" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegistryServer was
not found.

Make sure that "QMGR.DLL" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

pleeez help

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jul 7, 2008, 4:39:59 PM7/7/08
Either review all previous replies to this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/4ca46e06a60bc705

...or begin a new thread about /your/ problem.

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

JTR

Jul 9, 2008, 7:58:01 AM7/9/08
Same problem here. I hope the Email Support from MS can help me about this.

DMG

Jul 19, 2008, 12:16:57 PM7/19/08

Thanks for the fix. Updates work again. :)

--
DMG

BattGraf

Jul 21, 2008, 8:27:00 AM7/21/08
Thank you for the fix, it worked and the updates are rolling in...

I need help!@discussions.microsoft.com ms I need help!

Jul 24, 2008, 11:15:01 AM7/24/08
Hi

I tried following step one... failed even the other step did not work for
me. It says that...

The module "QMGR.DLL" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was
not found.

Make sure that "QMGR.DLL" is valid DLL or OCX file and then try again

How do I check if it is valid or not?

regards

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Click Start, select run, type: regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

dopypuppy

Aug 7, 2008, 6:15:00 PM8/7/08
I got this update error message 80070424 in vista
I found this on a web site and it worked for me in vista

click on Start ->type Run in search bar
click on run icon

copy and paste the complete command below and press enter

%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\WUAUENG.DLL

This line is use to reregister WUAUENG.DLL in window.

that is all. Launch your windows update again, you should be able to
perform update now.

Kay

Aug 7, 2008, 10:43:00 PM8/7/08
Works like a charm for Vista. Thanks a million!!

Kent086

Aug 11, 2008, 12:46:02 PM8/11/08
Thank you very much! This worked perfect!

rmh

Aug 19, 2008, 10:48:05 AM8/19/08
hey! i have a norweagen version of vista vith service pack 1 and the error
80070424.. i have tried every .dll edvice and the .beta edvice! i get still a
error.. "the try to comunicate with the DLLRegisterServer failed with the
code 0x80070005
i need help, bad!

Ezra

Sep 4, 2008, 3:28:02 PM9/4/08
Hey TaurArian,

I have done everything what you said, but get this reported as: Module
QMGR.DLL has been charged but the access point DllRegisterServer has not been
found. Care that QMGR.DLL valid DLL- or OCX File are and try it again.

So i didn't can solve this problem.
I am using Windows Vista.

Kind regards,

Ezra vd zedde.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Sep 4, 2008, 5:39:07 PM9/4/08
Please begin a new thread about /your/ problem, Ezra. Thanks.

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

FM3

Sep 7, 2008, 6:16:01 AM9/7/08
That fixed my problem, thanks.

enda35

Sep 22, 2008, 5:50:05 PM9/22/08
thank you very much worked a treat ....my what a big brain you have lol
again thanxs

dev

Oct 15, 2008, 7:44:01 AM10/15/08
hey thanx a lot manu r god to me..wrks as smooth as butter...

Lazaros

Oct 26, 2008, 9:45:01 AM10/26/08
Please make sure you run cmd (Command Prompt) as Administrator, and then
execute the commands stated alone.

Coog

Dec 16, 2008, 11:31:01 AM12/16/08
Awesome regsvr32 wuaueng.dll worked for me!

CDNGAMER

Dec 21, 2008, 9:36:01 AM12/21/08

I tried all the ways to enable my Windows update but nothing is fixing it,
the Regsvr32 QMGR.DLL says it can;t load and same for the other file. And
when I tried background intelligent transfer service it did nothing as well.
This stupid error 80070424. Nowhere does it explain why it can;t update.
And I can;t find a fix from microsoft or google. HELP ME ! And now vista is
silly not allowing you to manually do a windows update GRRRRRR. Any advice?

SIMONYET

Dec 25, 2008, 9:13:01 AM12/25/08
WORKED!! in vista without any problems.

Dacan

Jan 3, 2009, 11:12:18 AM1/3/09

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Click Start, select run, type: regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

thanks alot, this command really helped me

Longshot

Jan 6, 2009, 6:18:01 PM1/6/09

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Click Start, select run, type: regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
>

> The regsvr32 wuaueng.dll worked in Vista for me also.

lanky

Jan 24, 2009, 1:46:51 PM1/24/09

I am still having a problem with this windows update issue (80070424).

I have tried running the following solutions in a cmd window running as
administrator.

1) The large bat file solution, ran sucessfully, the only issue was
proxycfg was not recognized.

2) Running "regsvr32 wuaueng.dll".

3) Running the steps to enable bits.

4) Running "Regsvr32 QMGR.DLL", this didn't run though came up with a
"make sure that "OMGR.DLL" is a valid OCX file and then try again" error
so this could be the issue, not sure what OMGR.DLL is.

Any way all these solutions have unfortunatly not worked for me windows
update is still erroring with the same issue.

Does anyone know of any other solutions?

Cheers....

--
lanky
lanky's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/lanky.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Wallbrownf

Feb 10, 2009, 11:07:02 PM2/10/09
I have the same problem as "CMD freak."

Wallbrownf

Feb 10, 2009, 11:07:01 PM2/10/09
I have the same problem as "CMD freak."

Wallbrownf

Feb 11, 2009, 2:52:11 PM2/11/09
I have the same problem.

Me

Feb 11, 2009, 9:06:02 PM2/11/09
Hello everybody. All you have to do is click start Allprograms then click
accessories then right click on the cmd icon and from the context menu choose
run as administrator. When the command prompt box open type

%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\WUAUENG.DLL

and presto all done. close the command prompt and attempt to use windows
update once again. Good Luck!

LUCIANO

Mar 15, 2009, 10:32:01 PM3/15/09
TENGO EL MISMO PROBLEMA
HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM
HELP!!!

Johnman

Mar 18, 2009, 11:16:43 PM3/18/09

Yanno, getting a lil tired of the BS solutions. Yanno what? Presto! No
it _DOESNT_WORK_!

Im just convinced of one thing.....Windows Vista possibly the worst
piece of $hi& ever put out as an OS.

So with all the nonsense "just put this CMD in or type that into Run,
Im staring at my 5th reinstall.

For everybody else whose been down this road....and your having no
luck....call Microsoft and have them mail you a recovery disk with
SP1...and pray for a new OS soon

John

--
Johnman
Johnman's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/johnman.htm

Sayyed

Apr 17, 2009, 12:07:01 PM4/17/09

Hi guy,
i use this command but i am failiar to windows update i receive this message

The module "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call to
DllRegisterServer failed with error code 80070005

donna

Apr 30, 2009, 1:50:11 PM4/30/09
If you have a problem with this working in windows Vista, start the command
prompt from Start, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt, click "run as
administrator" ...then enter the above regsvr32 wuaueng.dll command.
Otherwise you will get an error 80070005, which is a permissions error.

donna

Apr 30, 2009, 1:52:11 PM4/30/09

"getalexfr" wrote:

enter your command from a command prompt started with administrative
priveleges and it will work Start , Accessories, Command Prompt, right click,
run as admin, then the command above

vincenzo

May 23, 2009, 6:50:01 PM5/23/09
ragazzi ho questo fottutissimo errore!! e non se ne può più!!!vista 64 è una
vera piaga!!!

ho provato a scrivere nel prompt comandi ma non succede nulla!!!
qualcuno a suggerimenti o quantomeno spiegarmi la situazione

grazie a tutti!!!

"saxnix" wrote:

> "TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Click Start, select run, type: regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
> >

> Thanks, that did the trick

vincenzo

May 23, 2009, 6:55:01 PM5/23/09
ragazzi che piaga questo vista!!!

qualcuno può aiutarmi con l'errore 80070424!!!

ho provato a scrivere ogni cosa che ho trovato su questo blog nel prompt
comandi!!!ma nulla!!

qualcuno può spiegarmi cosa sta succedendo!!!

grazie a tutti!!

vincenzo

May 23, 2009, 7:23:01 PM5/23/09

mina

Jun 6, 2009, 12:42:01 AM6/6/09
yeah! mee too! it didn't work im using vista 64-bit... the last updates i had
was almost 2 months ago...
hope anyone may help me for this...thanks!
"sparkie" wrote:

> yeah im having the exact same thing nothing i try works

Lo@discussions.microsoft.com Lil Lo

Jun 16, 2009, 6:56:01 PM6/16/09

I Have Vista home premium 64-bit also and nothing in here that i try works.
i tried using regcure and it onlly works for 32 bit, Please help this is a
huge problem!

tiedoggy

Jun 19, 2009, 5:14:01 AM6/19/09
this works on 32bit vista only i think

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Click Start, select run, type: regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

tso617

Jun 25, 2009, 2:17:02 PM6/25/09

Interesting - but what about 640bit Vista Ultimate installations please?

Regards,

Will

Robert Aldwinckle

Jun 25, 2009, 5:19:16 PM6/25/09

"tso617" <tso...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA31D5D1-DD27-497C...@microsoft.com...

> Interesting - but what about 640bit Vista Ultimate installations please?

Are you Pete? ; }

>> | nowhere is mentioned what this error code means and how to solve it.

<cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
E:\>set /a c =0x424
1060
E:\>net helpmsg %c%

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
</cmd_output>

Rather than trying to guess exactly which service is "specified"
why not try some diagnosis? You can find tips for doing so
in some of my previous posts on this issue and others.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

soni from INDIA...IT'S GREAT@discussions.microsoft.com Vikas soni from INDIA...IT'S GREAT

Jul 31, 2009, 5:16:01 AM7/31/09
thanks a lot....this key is work (regsvr32 wuaueng.dll)

david_j

Sep 18, 2009, 8:25:01 PM9/18/09

Sorry. I have tried all of this and nothing has helped. I have Vista 64.
Please provide some other suggestions. Thanks.

TaurArian

Sep 18, 2009, 8:34:33 PM9/18/09
david_j wrote:
:: Sorry. I have tried all of this and nothing has helped. I have

:: Vista 64. Please provide some other suggestions. Thanks.

david, you have responded to a post that was started in 2007 !
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?author=david_j&email=anon...@discussions.microsoft.com&cid=c85eedf5-6ffc-43eb-a75c-1b55bd7de693&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&cat=en-us-ms-winxp&sloc=en-us&lang=en&cr=US

As you've tried everything in the thread relating to your mystery operating
system, can only suggest you contact MS -

How to obtain assistance from MS Support

Support for Windows Update:

site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Prakash@discussions.microsoft.com Om Prakash

Sep 21, 2009, 12:26:02 PM9/21/09

I also have vista 64 ultimate, i have tried most of the solution provided on
diffrent forum as well from microsoft support. but still not able to fix
this. microsoft support sugessted me to re-install the vista, but i system
have lot of other software running so i am not re-installing.

Please help me for Vista 64 ultimate.

Thanks,
Om Prakash

christhecroc

Sep 27, 2009, 5:23:01 PM9/27/09

i couldn't find it there, but when i did find it nothing worked. what
excatly do i have to type in?

aire.gt

Oct 15, 2009, 1:26:02 PM10/15/09
Same problem for me... please I need some healp!!

aire.gt

Oct 15, 2009, 1:48:01 PM10/15/09
Yeah, but that's in a 32 bit system.

"sd" wrote:

> To solve the Error number: 0×80070424 in Windows Update follow the steps
> below:-
>

> Click on Start -> Run
> and paste the command below and enter

> %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\WUAUENG.DLL
>

> This line use to reregistering WUAUENG.DLL in window.
>
> You are done! Launch your windows update again, you should be able to
> perform update now.

Lisa

Oct 19, 2009, 6:15:01 PM10/19/09
I've had that problem all month too. I've read all the messages on how to try
and fix it and nothing worked. So my solution to you (is what I did
yesterday) is to reinstall windows. When i updated the computer everything
went good with no error or failed messages. So if you know how to reinstall
your windows I think you all should do it.
Lisa

o0_zappy_0o

Oct 25, 2009, 9:44:01 AM10/25/09

this does not work for me.
I have a brand new pc with Vista on it

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Oct 25, 2009, 2:07:26 PM10/25/09

Then maybe you should begin a new thread about YOUR computer instead of
hijacking someone else's thread about his WinXP computer?

Gabriel

Nov 11, 2009, 5:48:06 PM11/11/09
I have the same problem and nothing seems to work.
Is there any other way to solve it?

mirza

Nov 19, 2009, 10:58:02 PM11/19/09
Yes same probs for me, have Vista home premium and 64 bit, lemme know of any
solutions,plz

Maureen

Jan 5, 2010, 8:40:02 AM1/5/10

Hi I have done the **Start , Accessories, Command Prompt, right click,
> run as admin, then the command above***... but at the command prompt I right click and see nothing that says run as admin. So I put the command in after the flashing cursor and I get this error message ***The module "wuaueng.dll was loaded but the call DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005***
I just don't get it I guess. Help anyone? I am running Vista.

Maureen

Jan 5, 2010, 8:40:01 AM1/5/10

Hi I have done the **Start , Accessories, Command Prompt, right click,
> run as admin, then the command above***... but at the command prompt I right click and see nothing that says run as admin. So I put the command in after the flashing cursor and I get this error message ***The module "wuaueng.dll was loaded but the call DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005***
I just don't get it I guess. Help anyone? I am running Vista.

PaulF

Jan 5, 2010, 10:05:01 AM1/5/10
I do not have a 'run' prompt on my start window. I am using an administrator
account. Tried to paste your 'regsvr32 wuaueng.dll' cmd in the c:/ prompt,
received a 'RegSrv32' error 'The module "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call
to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.'
Thx, Paul

Michael

Jan 5, 2010, 10:16:55 AM1/5/10
Another techarena moron replying to a post started in APRIL 2007!

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"PaulF" <Pa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Michael

Jan 5, 2010, 10:16:41 AM1/5/10
Another techarena moron replying to a post started in APRIL 2007!

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"Maureen" <Mau...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jan 5, 2010, 12:12:16 PM1/5/10
Is that anything like the macarena?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlzwuFkn88U

Michael wrote:
> Another techarena moron replying to a post started in APRIL 2007!

Michael

Jan 5, 2010, 12:43:46 PM1/5/10
She's kinda cute in a slutty kinda way, but the fact her bellybutton has a
higher IQ than a techarena poster still remains.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jan 5, 2010, 7:39:26 PM1/5/10
You can lead a whore to culture but...

Michael wrote:
> She's kinda cute in a slutty kinda way, but the fact her bellybutton has a
> higher IQ than a techarena poster still remains.

Robert

Feb 24, 2010, 2:54:06 PM2/24/10

"donna" wrote:

> "getalexfr" wrote:
>

> > hi, i'm sorry to join this thread but you seem to know what you're
> > talking about and i've had no response to my own post in the vista
> > section. I have the same error on a Vista machine. I had to turn off
> > UAC to make regsrvr32 wuaueng.dll run, but it did (still error 80070424
> > afterwards though..)
> > Regsvr32 QMGR.DLL won't run -it says the module was loaded but the
> > entry-point dllregisterserver was not found.
> > BITS is also correctly configured. Any clues please? This has been
> > bugging me for weeks now..
> >

> > --
> > getalexfr
> > getalexfr's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=30456
> > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=736326
> >
> > http://forums.techarena.in
> >

> enter your command from a command prompt started with administrative
> priveleges and it will work Start , Accessories, Command Prompt, right click,
> run as admin, then the command above

Tried this in 64bit Vista, this fix didnt work either.

Matt Gerrans

Apr 13, 2010, 8:40:01 PM4/13/10
Note: you may need to run 'regsvr32 wuaueng.dll' from an elevated prompt
("Run as administrator") for it to work.

- MFG