Microsoft Windows Updates will not install

Krusty

Apr 30, 2009, 12:07:03 AM4/30/09
Windows XP 32-Bit sp3, Autoupdates on

I can download the updates fine, but they will not install. Have 7 in the
que. Never had this problem before. Says "Problem with your computer....
installation failed."

I tried the troubleshooting techniques to update the autoinstaller. Did not
work. What else can it be?

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Apr 30, 2009, 2:37:38 AM4/30/09

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

Sandi - Microsoft MVP

Apr 30, 2009, 4:27:01 AM4/30/09
I have seen this symptom on *all* of my computers when Office 2007 SP2 was
one of the updates waiting to be installed.

Deselect everything except for Office 2007 SP2, let that install, then the
rest should install without a problem.

If you see IE8 and want to install, install that last, by itself.

--
Sandi
Microsoft MVP since 1999

PA Bear [MS MVP]