Address Bar - XP SP3

msnews.microsoft.com

May 11, 2008, 8:50:32 AM5/11/08
Having become accustomed to relying upon the address bar as a repository for
frequently accessed websites - kinda neat because additioinal sites appear
in new tabs, it has disappeared completely, even from the toolbar list!
This after loading XP SP3.

Is there a possibility of getting it back? I have done a search for the
folder, and there is nothing there.

Geeky42 (Jimmy-Rhea Luper)

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

May 11, 2008, 11:48:42 AM5/11/08
msnews.microsoft.com wrote:

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951448/en-us
"The Address toolbar no longer appears on the taskbar after you install
Windows XP Service Pack 3".
And:
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2589449&SiteID=17

--
Vincenzo Di Russo
My home: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Kumaran

May 12, 2008, 9:27:04 AM5/12/08

Geeky42

May 12, 2008, 12:51:18 PM5/12/08
Thank you both for your prompt & effective replies!

I replaced the ui dll in the win/sys32 folder & am back to using the address bar as originally intended.

Remember to study daily!

Jimmy-Rhea Luper

zxl777

Apr 13, 2009, 1:58:38 AM4/13/09

You can use 'Cool Address Bar' ,This software can solve this problem.

What is Cool Address Bar?
1.Replace the Address bar on Taskbar.
2.Enter keywords , direct Google search.
3.Enter formula then direct get result.
4.Any where, CTRL + C twice, direct search.
5.Can delete useless item in open history.

--
zxl777
zxl777's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/89469.htm

http://forums.techarena.in