KB925902 - Unable to RDP into Server

Dejim Juang

Apr 6, 2007, 8:21:25 AM4/6/07
to dej...@onyx.com
After the installation of KB 925902 on Windows 2003 Server, I'm now
unable to RDP into those machines. Has anyone else seen this issue in
theor environments?

Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]

Apr 6, 2007, 7:27:39 PM4/6/07
Reboot the box a second time. Not seeing this here.

MI8 HOSTED EXCHANGE wrote:
> Yes, we are an email exchange hoster and it seems that our users are having
> issues loggin into their mailboxes now that the updates have been applied, im
> working with a second caller now with the same issue. The connect using rpc
> over https and the logon seems to not validate with our server now. Our quick
> install programs we use to create outlook profiles dont seem to work either.
> Manually configuring the profiles has led to no success either.

Juang@discussions.microsoft.com Dejim Juang

Apr 10, 2007, 8:24:00 AM4/10/07
I've solved the issue. Apparently when the hotfix was applied, it sets the
'Terminal Services' service to Manual so I wasn't able to RDP into the
machine after a restart. Simple fix is to go in and set it back to 'Automatic'

TechSoEasy

Apr 11, 2007, 2:12:26 AM4/11/07
On Apr 10, 5:24 am, Dejim Juang <Dejim J...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> > theor environments?- Hide quoted text -

That doesn't make any sense because by default the TermService Service
is set to Manual. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829623)

I am, however, seeing a rash of this problem which occurred beginning
April 4th, after KB 925902 was applied. I believe that the problem is
caused by not having the server reboot after applying this patch
because there were not problems with regard to RDP for any server I
manage which is configured for automatic updates which allowed the
server to reboot at 3:00am on April 4th.

Are you sure that your server restarted after the patch was applied?

Jeffrey B. Kane
TechSoEasy
San Francisco, CA
http://www.techsoeasy.com