can't update

Ruta

Aug 4, 2007, 11:38:02 AM8/4/07
Hi I can't update my Vista laptop. The error code 8024D00E. Please anybody
know what to do. Thanks.

PA Bear

Aug 4, 2007, 3:29:36 PM8/4/07
Why do you ask?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

PA Bear

Aug 4, 2007, 3:29:17 PM8/4/07

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

PA Bear

Aug 4, 2007, 4:43:35 PM8/4/07
Sorry, replied to wrong thread. Please ignore.

PA Bear wrote:
> Why do you ask?

Ruta

Aug 6, 2007, 8:02:02 AM8/6/07
I done that allready, and i still don't know what to do with updates. It's
still can't update.

PA Bear

Aug 7, 2007, 1:39:00 PM8/7/07
Has a Product Support Services (PSS) tech gotten in touch with you yet?
--
~PA Bear

GNovo

Aug 12, 2007, 2:22:00 PM8/12/07
I have the same problem, my friend. I'm working with a Windows Vista Home
Premium and have de same problem. If you work out a solution, please tell me.
Thanks.

Sam

Oct 13, 2007, 11:29:02 PM10/13/07
Me neither..... could someone help? Wasn't even able to request help from
microsoft. something about application problem

"collienut" wrote:

> Did anyone find out the solution to this error code? I have just upgraded
> (desktop) and also cannot update getting the same error code.
> thanks

collienut

Oct 14, 2007, 7:49:01 AM10/14/07
Hi Sam ... I ended up taking the whole system back to the supplier & they
uninstalled & reinstalled Vista for me. Prior to then I couldnt get it to
update at all & no I couldnt request help from microsoft either.
Since it being reinstalled I have not had any problems with vista updating.
Hope this helps :)

Sam

Oct 14, 2007, 12:46:02 PM10/14/07
that's bad.. i just got this copy of vista. apparently there is no help for
this problem. i will just go back to xp for now

Terry

Nov 26, 2007, 5:52:00 AM11/26/07
Hi another person with the same issue! The issue happend after upgrade from
Vista Home to Ultimate. No luck sorting it out yet, but I would rather not
Re-install OS.

Nac

Jan 1, 2008, 1:32:07 PM1/1/08

I have the same problem also , I have tried to reinstall windows but it
stopped and re-wound itself near to completion .
Any other surgestions would be greatfully recievied .

Nac

Jan 2, 2008, 5:41:02 AM1/2/08
A very strange thing has happened .
It has started working .
I had not touched it .
Gosh .
I wonder how long it will last .

--
Ill get the hang of this if its the last thing i do

Nac

Jan 2, 2008, 5:33:00 PM1/2/08
Ok ,
I knew it was too good to last ,Its back to not working again .
Any surgestions would still be greatfully recievied

Limacop

Jan 9, 2008, 8:58:00 AM1/9/08
Did anybody already found the solution to this problem?

Help needed... please!

CM-pt

Jan 16, 2008, 5:53:01 PM1/16/08

On January 15, same problem happen to me
I'm using EN-US version of Windows Vista Ultimate
After some search I found in other place a solution that works for me, so
let me try to explain how i solved the problem...

- using search, type cmd.exe, you will see it in list
- using the right buttom on your mouse, run the executable with
administrator previleges, it will open a DOS window
- you will need to stop windows update service, to do this, type in the
command line
net stop wuauserv

and wait
- afterwards on the command line, type
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\wups2.dll

and again wait for the execution
- Download the manual installer from here

http://download.windowsupdate.comwindowsupdate/redist/standalone/7.0.6000.381/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe

and save it to any folder of your computer ( I save the file to
c:\windowsupdateagent30-x86 )

- from the command line (during all process i never close it), change to the
directory where you save the downloaded executable file, and in that
directory, type
WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce

and wait
- A window will open and follow the instruction for the install
- when the install completes you need to reboot the computer

- after the reboot windows update will work again

But afterwards I found that some update aren't instaled, and Security Center
keeps turned off, well firewall and windows defender are working

Maybe meanwhile Microsoft find a solution

Thank''s to all folks who try to find solutions, and share them with all users