[Error number: 0x8024400E]

twothtek

Jun 14, 2007, 4:51:03 PM6/14/07
I downloaded an update about 2 weeks ago and update stopped woking. I get
[Error number: 0x8024400E]. I see no activeX disabled. Installed IE7 in an
effort to fix, no help

Engel

Jun 14, 2007, 5:50:01 PM6/14/07
Hello twothtek,

0x8024400E
-2145107954 SUS_E_PT_SOAP_SERVER
The message was OK but server couldn't process at the moment. Same message
*may* succeed at a later time.

Try again tomorrow.

twothtek

Jun 14, 2007, 6:32:00 PM6/14/07
Engel.. this was not a help because as I stated this has been weeks. I did
find a post that worked:

Click Start, Choose Run.
In the Run box, type services.msc.
Click OK.
Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
Click Stop.
Stopping the service will take a moment.

Rename the "SoftwareDistribution" folder:
a. Click Start, click Run, type %systemroot%, and then click OK.
b. Right-click the SoftwareDistribution folder, and then click Rename.
c. Type SoftwareDistribution.old, and then press ENTER to rename this folder.

Click Start. Choose Run.
In the Run box, type services.msc.
Click OK.
Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
Click Start.
Starting the service will take a moment

Engel

Jun 14, 2007, 10:31:00 PM6/14/07
Hi twothtek,

Thanks for letting us know the outcome!

Now you loose yor history.

Beªr in mind there is no "single" solution that fits everybody's prºblems.

Regards