Error Code: 0x80080008

jonathon

Oct 12, 2007, 9:42:00 PM10/12/07
Error Code: 0x80080008

how do you fixs this so i can get the updates?

Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
resources.

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

Oct 13, 2007, 6:33:30 PM10/13/07
Try the following:-

Click Start, select run and type the following (pressing okay after each one):-

net.exe stop wuauserv

regsvr32 wuapi.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 wucltui.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wups2.dll
regsvr32 wuweb.dll
regsvr32 MSXML3.dll

net.exe start wuauserv

--
====================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"jonathon" <jona...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

longvale

Oct 26, 2007, 9:24:00 AM10/26/07
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. Why couldn't I find this fix in MS support. After a
horrendous couple of weeks of BSOD's in Vista this update install problem in
XP Pro on my laptop would have tipped me over the edge had I not found this
fix. many many thanks TaurArian

Jeff

Nov 28, 2007, 1:25:03 AM11/28/07
On Oct 13, 2:33 pm, "TaurArian [MS-MVP]"

<taurarianREMOVEC...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try the following:-
>
> Click Start, select run and type the following (pressing okay after each one):-
>
> net.exe stop wuauserv
>
> regsvr32 wuapi.dll
> regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
> regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
> regsvr32 wucltui.dll
> regsvr32 wups.dll
> regsvr32 wups2.dll
> regsvr32 wuweb.dll
> regsvr32 MSXML3.dll
>
> net.exe start wuauserv
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> How to make a good post:http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> Defending your machine:http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

> "jonathon" <jonat...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> | Error Code: 0x80080008
> |

> | how do you fixs this so i can get the updates?
> |
> | Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> | resources.

You, Sir, are a genius. Worked like a charm. Thanks for sharing.

Abo Bob

Dec 18, 2007, 7:27:38 PM12/18/07

'TaurArian [MS-MVP Wrote:
> ;3264684']Try the following:-

> Click Start, select run and type the following (pressing okay after
> each one):-
>
> net.exe stop wuauserv
>
> regsvr32 wuapi.dll
> regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
> regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
> regsvr32 wucltui.dll
> regsvr32 wups.dll
> regsvr32 wups2.dll
> regsvr32 wuweb.dll
> regsvr32 MSXML3.dll
>
> net.exe start wuauserv

This worked for me too.

--
Abo Bob
Abo Bob's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=37681

http://forums.techarena.in

reddawg

Dec 19, 2007, 1:31:11 PM12/19/07

this worked for me too. . i searched every peice of the microsoft DB
forum with no luck.. thank you for your solution to this common update
issue

--
reddawg
reddawg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=37754

jgor...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2007, 2:05:13 PM12/28/07
'TaurArian [MS-MVP - Another VERY happy person -- this fix worked when
all else seemed to have failed - including MS support. Thanks so
much!!!

mike.clar...@googlemail.com

Jan 15, 2008, 4:57:47 AM1/15/08
You are a star!!
Thank you for taking the time to post this

marcus

Apr 16, 2008, 7:07:00 AM4/16/08
this page fixed it for me !!!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

marcus

Apr 16, 2008, 7:09:00 AM4/16/08
this page fixed tit for me http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

kidgrok

Apr 18, 2008, 4:38:00 PM4/18/08
This procedure is the most elegant and functional Windows XP fix I have ever
had the luck to locate. You should be our next U.S. prez!

alm...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2008, 2:41:52 PM4/21/08
Amazing. Fixed a few computers that were infected with spywares. After
removing them I couldn't update. After I re register the service your
way it worked great!

Thanks

freestyle604

Apr 21, 2008, 9:46:32 PM4/21/08
OMG thank you fixed my update installation failure. I would suggest putting
0x80080008 in the trouble code lookup. Only took me about an hour of hunting
to find this thread which had I not read like 5+ people saying it fixed it, I
bet I would have skipped right over it. I am not a total noob at pc
troubleshooting but this fix was a bit hard to find.

Comtech

May 27, 2008, 1:01:04 PM5/27/08
it worked for me too. tks.

David

May 29, 2008, 3:49:00 AM5/29/08
Absolutely brilliant - our "IT" guy had given up on this, thank you
TaurArian, now installing updates again as normal

BuddHa

May 30, 2008, 5:12:01 PM5/30/08
You are them man - Thanks very much for this.

Mark (aka BuddHa)

Marcus Müller

Jun 30, 2008, 8:25:01 AM6/30/08
Hi TaurArian
Thanx for your help - it worked with a german version as well :-)
Perfect Post !
Marcus

dafne...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2008, 11:43:39 PM7/7/08
TaurArian, thanks so much. it's really worked!!

rainants

Jul 9, 2008, 1:48:01 PM7/9/08
Excelente solución a error 080080008, gracias TaurArian!

wbdollar

Jul 12, 2008, 10:14:02 AM7/12/08
HOORAY! Thank you for this simple and straightforward solution. It worked
like a charm.

s10dave

Aug 17, 2008, 9:31:00 AM8/17/08
You are the MAN !!!!!