windowsUpdate error

Mila

Jul 7, 2005, 1:41:02 AM7/7/05
I have a problem with Window Update. During updating of WindowsUpdate
component (last time was changed), my computer rebooted and now when i trying
update by windowsupdate.microsoft.com, I've got message: Error number:
0x8007041D.

I can't enable windows update service - message: Error 0x8024d007: 0x8024d007

OS: Windows XP SP2

TaurArian

Jul 7, 2005, 4:09:07 AM7/7/05
Something could be interferring check your Firewall settings etc.

WINUP-Third-Party Products That Conflict with Windows Update
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;241234

Mila

Jul 7, 2005, 6:40:03 AM7/7/05
I checked:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;241234

Currently i havn't installed an third-party firewall or other security
related application. When Windows XP Firewall is turned off problem still
occured.

Besides files from microsoft site are downloaded correctly but error message
appearing during or after "Registering : 100%..."

I think that problem is much serious. Maybe other components of this service
not works properly, but I don't know how to chcek it.

Anyone knows where are an log files from Windows Update ?

Mila

Mila

Jul 7, 2005, 1:40:02 PM7/7/05
Hi all

I found my problems reason.
In Windows folder is file windowsupdate.log - in it, you can find
informations about unsuccesful component installations.

In my case it was wups.dll in
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SoftwareDistribution\Setup\ServiceStartup\wups.dll\5.8.0.2469 folder. After removing this file, windowsupdate works great.