AMD – Display Adapter – ATI Radeon Graphics Cards

Jan

Sep 5, 2007, 2:38:01 AM9/5/07
Dear reader(s),

What is wrong with the update AMD – Display Adapter – ATI Radeon Graphics
Cards (ID=29048)
I (WSUS 3.0) received it ~ 2800+ times since september 4th.

--
Jan

DL

Sep 5, 2007, 4:24:21 AM9/5/07
You should NOT use winupdate for drivers, in your case you update from ATI
site or the specific graphic card manufacturers site, and then "only" if
required to gain extra functionality or cure a bug

"Jan" <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear reader(s),
>
> What is wrong with the update AMD - Display Adapter - ATI Radeon Graphics

Jan

Sep 5, 2007, 4:44:01 AM9/5/07
Dear DL,

Sorry, this is not a serious answer:
1) Why would MS make these efforts to bring the updates to (end) users?
2) What better (cheap, practical) way would you suggest to update 35.000 +
computers with drivers then this one?
3) I agree with you that one should never install a driver from ANY site /
provider without first testing it in a lab environment. Therefore I never
approve driver updates automatically.
4) You do not answer my question.
Something is wrong with this update. I received it ~ 3.000 times in the past
~ 36 hours.
I synchronize WSUS 3.0 each hour, and each hour it arrives again (~ 200
times pre synchronisation).
First time it arrived was when I synchronized on Tue 04-09-07 22:34 CET.

--
Jan

DL

Sep 5, 2007, 9:35:50 AM9/5/07
As someone who is apparently supporting 3500+ PC's you should allready be
aware of this issue, and the problems that can be caused by using MSUpdate
for drivers.

MS has in the past supplied buged/corrupt updates, and updates that are the
incorrect version
eg Silicon Image, Nvidea, Realtec, USR, to name a few
The MS update is usually only the basic driver, probably as is those
supplied by default in a Win Installation

You should also be aware it is not neccessary to update a driver unless it
gives greater functionality or specifically cure a problem

I suggest you either visit ATI or your graphic suppliers site and see if an
update is there, and whether that installs correcty - you only have to try
that on a single PC on which the MSupdate is failing

As for why MS should make the effort to supply drivers, only the powers that
be can answer that question, its beyond me, seeing the problems they can
cause.

I'm sure some one who supports a large number of PC's will have some
reccomendation on pushing manufacturers driver updates to workstations,
since I only support a handfull its not something I've needed

Is that serious enough for you?

"Jan" <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

de Vries@discussions.microsoft.com Arjan de Vries

Sep 6, 2007, 4:26:03 AM9/6/07
We have the same problem for two days now. Yesterday it reported 1188 new
updates and today 2814 updates. The problems occour on our WSUS 2.0 and 3.0
server. (we run both)

Arjan de Vries

realcestmoi

Sep 9, 2007, 11:39:26 AM9/9/07
Hi there,

If your hardware works fine: leave it be working fine and never take driver
updates from windows update unless they are driver(s) for a microsoft
device, if not go to the manufacturers website that is IF an update is
NEEDED because the hardware is not working well.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"Ray" <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem here.

Alan T

Sep 14, 2007, 3:06:01 AM9/14/07
Hi all,

My WSUS 2.0 also happened like this case (~3xxx updates for ATI drivers
now!). Although I don't approve them automatically, it slows down every
process when I manage in the console.

Any responce from Microsoft?

Thanks,
Alan T

realcestmoi

Sep 14, 2007, 3:29:19 AM9/14/07
Hi there.

No response from Microsoft will come here, if you want a response you will
have to mail or phone them.

As any excperienced user knows to never tke any driver updates from windows
update unlless it are drivers for microsoft hardware.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"Alan T" <Al...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Alan T

Sep 14, 2007, 6:16:02 AM9/14/07
I see.

But any workaround about that case as it always shows:
"The server could not be contacted. Please Try again"
from now on although it seems still working during my operation in the
console.

dead...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2007, 6:03:57 PM9/18/07

Alan T

Sep 18, 2007, 8:24:01 PM9/18/07
Thanks. It seems that nothing to do for me this time and they will group
similar drivers in future.

bruceba...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2015, 2:26:37 PM1/25/15
On Wednesday, September 5, 2007 at 2:38:01 AM UTC-4, Jan wrote:
> Dear reader(s),
>
> What is wrong with the update AMD - Display Adapter - ATI Radeon Graphics
> Cards (ID=29048)
> I (WSUS 3.0) received it ~ 2800+ times since september 4th.
>
> --
> Jan

[OK, thank you will do] ! set