0x80248015 update error

Bob

Jun 15, 2005, 12:04:02 PM6/15/05
Does anyone have any idea how to correct this update error? It occurs when
automatic update attempts an update. Any ideas would be appreciated.

pdlo269dl

Aug 23, 2005, 12:20:28 PM8/23/05
message Error number: 0x80248015 i found NO help with this, i think it has
to do with security certificate validation. failure of the home pc to be
authenticated is viewed by the home pc as a probelm of the security
certificates of the site it is attempting to contact. isn't there an index
of references?

Robert Aldwinckle

Aug 23, 2005, 6:56:53 PM8/23/05
"pdlo269dl" <pdlo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> message Error number: 0x80248015 i found NO help with this, i think it has
> to do with security certificate validation. failure of the home pc to be
> authenticated is viewed by the home pc as a probelm of the security
> certificates of the site it is attempting to contact. isn't there an index
> of references?

Try a search?

http://docxp.mvps.org/WU5-ERR.htm

(MSN search for
0x80248015
)

<quote>
0x80248015 -2145091563 SUS E DS SERVICEEXPIRED the caller has requested a service whose registration has expired

</quote>

Is your computer's date correct? <eg>

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Jertsh

Nov 30, 2005, 4:42:03 PM11/30/05
Thank You Robert because I was on with a tech from Microsoft and never
checked the year above the time and noticed it said year 2150. I'll change it
and see if it helps

Vrainchek

Jan 10, 2006, 11:42:03 PM1/10/06
I tried the other solutions, but found my computer's date was somehow set to
2120. When that was corrected, all the security updates loaded properly.
THANKS! In a big way.
-- Jim

Scott

Sep 20, 2006, 9:05:01 AM9/20/06
I've found that the computer's year was set to 8006. Once that was changed
to 2006, the updates proceeded to work as normal, plus iTunes worked.

Thanks for the write up.
Scott

me

Mar 15, 2007, 12:51:03 PM3/15/07
wow that was very simple !!! my date was set on 2015 . this thing made go
crazy i was tryin every thing . thanx

Anthony

Dec 25, 2007, 2:05:01 PM12/25/07
Happy Holidays our date was set for 2008

vmguy

Dec 26, 2007, 2:02:03 PM12/26/07
Microsoft Update has so many sand traps, it's hard to keep up with them all.
So here's a suggestion ... why don't they check the computer date in the
ActiveX code that interfaces to the Update site?

It sure would save all of us a heap of trouble.

MowGreen [MVP]

Dec 26, 2007, 3:04:29 PM12/26/07
Yes, why should people know what date it is ? Microsoft should tell them
and also tell them what time it is ... in fact, Microsoft should also
provide a calendar with significant dates already circled.
MS should also inform people when their bills are due.
They can do that, right ?

OK, why stop there ? MS should tell folks who to vote for, provide
directions when folks are driving, tell them when they're low on petrol,
choose a mate for them, ad infinitum.
Why should Folks be responsible for anything when Microsoft can be their
Big Daddy ?
Makes sense to me ...

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

vmguy

Dec 28, 2007, 1:49:00 AM12/28/07
My goodness, you are an idiot. Santa didn't bring you the toys you wanted?

Why the hell should I be checking the date on my system?
I expect it to be kept in sync, especially when I've told Windows to keep
it sync'd with an external source.

You're an "MVP" .... please, god ... don't let me ever achive this level of
sophistication.

Just in case you missed it, idiot, the reason for Microsoft ActiveX client
to check the date is because their stupid updates are sensitive to such stuff.

I can still pay my bills without the assistance of Microsoft,
(or valuable assistance from dim-bulbs like you).

seemonie

Feb 16, 2008, 3:57:10 AM2/16/08
Man! U saved my life BIG TIME! Thank u 4 helping me with the date thing, it
said 18005!?!? :Q Thanks Again!

resul

Mar 16, 2008, 9:12:01 AM3/16/08

Bindy

Apr 7, 2008, 6:49:01 AM4/7/08
i would have never checked my year to fix this problem. thank you!

Rick

Nov 30, 2008, 8:32:18 PM11/30/08
Robert, check your computer date, especially the year. I have this problem
lots and somehow my computer date changes. Not sure why the year changes but
every time I have problems with updates or certificates I find my year has
changed.

Rick

Anthony09

Jan 4, 2009, 12:22:00 PM1/4/09
Thanks Rick this worked and is so easy to overlook. The date issue can play
havock with other software as well. Especially trialware :-)

Bash

Nov 22, 2009, 8:47:01 AM11/22/09

excuse me , i have tried to set my clock and date of the computer , im 100%
sure that im right but it just doesnt work , same error "0x80248015" please
any other suggestions ?
Windows : xp Sp 2

zaat...@shinra.cz

Nov 25, 2014, 9:15:40 AM11/25/14
Dne středa, 15. června 2005 18:04:02 UTC+2 Bob napsal(a):
> Does anyone have any idea how to correct this update error? It occurs when
> automatic update attempts an update. Any ideas would be appreciated.

RUn IE8, in IE8 go to menu Safety > Windows Update, it transfers you to working site with WU.