Update Error number: 0x80072EE7

1 view

AltaEgo

May 23, 2009, 7:47:02 PM5/23/09
Hi

Windows XP
Office 2003

About a week or so ago, I successfully ran update obtained and installed the
latest updates. Update reported success.

Yesterday, I ran Secunia PSI. It reported Powerpoint required
office2003-kb969615-fullfile-x86-en-us.exe.

I tried the following:

1) Windows update produced Error number: 0x80072EE7.
2) Followed the steps outlined in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941?
3) Tried the troubleshoot page
http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/troubleshoot.aspx?ln=en

Oddly, when I use the above, I never see any advice against the topics just
headings:
"Problem description"
"Applicable operating systems and products"
"Resolutions"
"Your answer is anonymous and is used to help improve content on this site."

At this point it was getting late so I gave up and tried a manual download
and found I could not download the hotfix using IE7. I gave up on IE7 and
was successful with FF.

The result of attempted installation was "there are no products affected by
this system installed on this system". Ahem! Office 2003 is installed (and
working) on my system.

In summary

1) Can someone point me to some help get update working again
2) Why am I not able to download from Microsoft
3) How do I get pas the "no products affected" OR is this a Secunia problem?

--
Steve

PA Bear [MS MVP]

May 23, 2009, 8:23:16 PM5/23/09
Does Windows Update offer KB969615 to the computer?

Do you have PowerPoint *Viewer* 2003 installed?

See this related, recent discussion:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/95aa98988ac2859d/20393602b7fbd4bf?#20393602b7fbd4bf

PS: It's a Secunia problem.
--