WindowsUpdate_80004002

cW

Jan 26, 2009, 12:06:00 AM1/26/09
Run a vista x64 PC, the update icon sittin in my system tray, when i run
check for updates gives me that error and none of the suggestions help

TaurArian

Jan 26, 2009, 6:00:24 AM1/26/09
cW wrote:
:: Run a vista x64 PC, the update icon sittin in my system tray, when i

:: run check for updates gives me that error and none of the
:: suggestions help

Did you read:
Error message when you try to install updates by using the Windows Update or
Microsoft Update Web site: "0x80004002"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956708
See the part: If you are running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008,
follow these steps

otherwise if nothing is helping -
How to obtain assistance from MS Support

To contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the International Support Web
site:
https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
To make sure you receive the appropriate support information for your
location, select your region setting from the list and then click the arrow
button
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org