Re: Error Code: 0x80248007

Torgeir Bakken (MVP)

Oct 5, 2005, 5:51:24 AM10/5/05
Doc wrote:

> When I try to install updates for my comp.. I get hit up with
> this lil issue.. I wonder if anyone can help with the code..
> Cuz the site has no help for it.. Thanks..
Hi,

Error 80248007 is:

SUS_E_DS_NODATA
"The caller asked for data that is not in the data store"

Rename (or just delete) the SoftwareDistribution folder and
see if it helps.

You can use the procedure described here:

http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/showarticle.aspx?articleid=21&ln=en

Note that a side effect of renaming or deleting the
SoftwareDistribution folder is that you lose your Windows Update
History listing (not critical).

(later on, you can just delete the renamed SoftwareDistribution
folder)

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

danelson

Jul 3, 2006, 9:00:02 PM7/3/06
I have the same situation where about a dozen security updates failed to
install and list this error message. The link for the fix no longer
functions. Any further help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kathy H

Jul 4, 2006, 10:58:40 PM7/4/06

tokalenipitta

Sep 30, 2006, 12:09:02 AM9/30/06
Hi Guys I am having this same code issue vista does not update and when i try
to update manually it gives this error. I had this same error in Beta 2 and
now i have this issue again.
I dont have a high end system but its a pretty decent system with RC1
installed couple of weeks ago. HELP !!!! Please

tokalenipitta

tokalenipitta

Patrick

Feb 26, 2007, 9:03:13 PM2/26/07
I have the same problem in Vista Home Premium 64x. I could update just after
installing windows however after a few days this error started to popup. Now
that i have changed network cards (due to another issue) the error is still
there. I tried to access the help page provided however it seems as though it
has been moved. Could you please re direct me to the site or provide further
info here?

Patrick

Graham

Mar 9, 2007, 11:29:03 AM3/9/07
My Vista Ultimate 32bit works fine updating from the net but gives this error
when I try using WSUS, which I also administrate. Any body else manage to get
Vista updating from WSUS?

Any Ideas?

Daniel Chow [MSFT]

Apr 4, 2007, 5:57:23 PM4/4/07
On Vista, try to manually scan for updates before installing them via the
Windows Update applet in Control Panel. If the problem persists, you may do
the following in a command prompt and then reboot the computer to get
unwedged:

net stop wuauserv
rd %Windir%\softwaredistribution /s /q

--