Error Code: 0x643

ossie

Oct 14, 2006, 11:13:02 AM10/14/06
I can not install the windoes critical update "Microsoft NET Framework
version 2 (KB922770) on my computer and am getting the error code: 0x643.
Does anyone know what this means, and how can I install the update, if at
all?

whatpatch

Oct 14, 2006, 5:29:01 PM10/14/06
You have to uninstall all previous versions of .NET framework - use
add/remove programs in Conrol Panel. Then re-install .NET framework 2.0 and
after that install the new updates. I found this on
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
When you get these errors when installing updates, check the custom install
(not express install) and it'll give info on how to solve it. Hope this
helps : 0)

VegasDonn

Oct 14, 2006, 8:13:01 PM10/14/06
I un/reinstalled .NET framework 2.0 and was finally able to install KB922770.
Out of frustration, I was about to mark the update "hide" so it would stop
showing up in my toolbar.
Thanks again for saving what's left of my sanity, whatpatch!
--
Every day that we wake up is a great day!

tallin

Oct 15, 2006, 12:52:02 AM10/15/06
Go to page 6 of this forum read "Error 0x643 RESOLVED" half way down.
IF you follow it your problem should be solved. Good luck

chinkydinky

Oct 19, 2006, 7:22:02 PM10/19/06
the update for .netframework isnt working for me...anyone have a solution? am
i the only one with this problem?

Ayulin

Oct 19, 2006, 11:06:01 PM10/19/06
You're not the only one... Having the same issue here, with the same error
code. It's been repeatedly failing to install over the past few days.

Datacenter Admin

Oct 20, 2006, 12:36:02 AM10/20/06
Same here but only on one PC the otherones are fine ??? Wtf why i dont know
does anyone have an answer???

TaurArian

Oct 20, 2006, 1:15:02 AM10/20/06
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
When you try to install the security update that security bulletin MS06-033
describes
(917283) on a computer that is running the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, the
computer may stop responding or you may receive the following error code:
0x643 - Applies to update KB922770 also.
NB: no need to uninstall 1.1, just V2.

After you remove 2.0, you will then have to reinstall
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&DisplayLang=en

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB917283)
http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/ndp20-kb917283-x86_47f33d4da73611778d4526a0f867fdaaa58b8644.exe

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB922770)
http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/e/9/9e966511-eccb-430c-aea3-3697e3283b13/NDP20-KB922770-X86.exe

MarkMan

Oct 20, 2006, 2:47:01 AM10/20/06
I keep receiving the same errors for almost a week now.
(Same applies to all the other currently available updates)
I've tried uninstalling the Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0... but it ends the
uninstalling-process with an error, too.

What can I do?

Thanx in advance!

MarkMan

TaurArian

Oct 20, 2006, 3:00:01 AM10/20/06
Try using the WI clean up utility to remove Framework 2 in your registry
Download Framework 2 and updates and then install Framework 2, reboot, now
install the updates, rebooting inbetween.

But before you do anything, make sure you have a good system restore point
to go back to just in case.

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

MarkMan

Oct 20, 2006, 4:53:01 AM10/20/06
Thank you for your advice... but it still doesn't work. When I execute the
Clean Up utility, it aborts with the following error: "Installation ended
prematurely because of an error"

What can I do? I really have no idea whatsoever!

Datacenter Admin

Oct 20, 2006, 10:13:01 AM10/20/06
I'll Definately try it I'll keep you posted

Rob J

Oct 20, 2006, 11:47:02 AM10/20/06
Try the following:
download and run the file at
http://astebner.sts.winisp.net/Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip
for .NET 2.0

Log onto the Microsoft Update web site - custom - and reinstall .NET 2.0 -
after the reinstall select custom again and you should get 2 priority updates
- install both.

This worked for me - hope it helps

MarkMan

Oct 20, 2006, 6:40:02 PM10/20/06
Well, the clean-up-part was quite promising, since it worked o.k.... but now
I can't get .NET 2.0 back on!

Perhaps I shouldn't have been so eager to always install all the latest
hotfixes ;-(

I'm grateful for any further help/idea/comment.

MarkMan

Jerry

Nov 11, 2006, 9:08:36 PM11/11/06
Windows one care keeps telling me to update Microsoft.NET framework. It downloads from the site but when it tries to install the error code comes up.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

Nov 12, 2006, 3:59:18 AM11/12/06
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
When you try to install the security update that security bulletin MS06-033 describes
(917283) on a computer that is running the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, the computer
may stop responding or you may receive the following error code: 0x643 - Applies to
update KB922770 also.

--

TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2007 - Australia