Install failure - Windows Malicious Removal Tool

Apr 5, 2008, 3:31:01 PM4/5/08
I downloaded Service Pack 2. (I use XP). I got an installation failure message.
Error Code: 0x80244019 which says: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool -
December 2007 (KB890830). I disconnected my antivirus software and downloaded
again. No improvement. I decided to continue to download other software (it
was either an upgrade to media player 11 or internet explorer 6) so I can
download Netflix DVDs. The message said my account wasn't validated or
something like that. I'm not a computer geek and need help!

MowGreen [MVP]

Apr 7, 2008, 1:37:36 PM4/7/08
V wrote:

Do you mean the *Operating System* was not Validated ?
If the answer is yes, then go here:
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag

0x80244019 SUS_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_NOT_FOUND
Http status 407 - proxy authentication required

The above error message indicates that some 'thing' is blocking access
to the update servers. Antivirus software sometimes runs a proxy server
to check incoming emails.

You stated:

> I disconnected my antivirus software

What is the installed antivirus software and which Version is it ?
It 'sounds' as if the installed AV was *not* completely disabled.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

streetpreacher

Apr 24, 2010, 8:07:02 AM4/24/10

G. R. Woodring

Apr 24, 2010, 11:50:18 AM4/24/10

The Malicious Software Removal Tool is replaced with a new version every month. The
one from Dec. 2007 has been superseded about 28 times. It's no surprise that it
isn't available now.

What is your point in quoting an ancient, irrelevant archived post with no added
content? If *you* are having a problem with the Malicious Software Removal Tool
start a new thread with *your* O/S info, *your* KB# and *your* error messages/codes.

--
G. R. Woodring

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Apr 24, 2010, 1:21:17 PM4/24/10

<applause> [even though you're replying to a clueless spammer's
(streetpreacher) reply to the thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/a6634b86e1ce5998]