Update site not showing History of updates

Leo

Jan 25, 2009, 12:29:00 PM1/25/09

I updated my XP to SP3 using Microsoft's update website. After that I used
Comodo's system cleaner to clean files from my system. Now when I use the
MS's update website and click on install history link, I do not get a history
of updates that I installed.

regards
Leo

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jan 25, 2009, 12:48:05 PM1/25/09
WYSIWYG. It would appear that %windows%\Software Distribution <=this folder
was deleted by Comodo System Cleaner.

Think your Registry needs "cleaning" or "repairing"? Read
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 and draw your own conclusions (if you
need more convincing).
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Engel

Jan 25, 2009, 1:05:01 PM1/25/09

Hello Leo,

Have you consulted Comodo for advice??

AUMHA Discussion: Should I Use a Registry Cleaner?
<http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099>
-=-

Leo

Jan 26, 2009, 12:07:01 AM1/26/09
This apparently is a bug according to a comodo forum member. I guess I will
reinstall and stay away from reg cleaners in future.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jan 26, 2009, 1:58:32 AM1/26/09
Did Comodo System Cleaner create (or prompt you to create) backups of the
changes being made?

TaurArian

Jan 26, 2009, 6:06:50 AM1/26/09
Leo wrote:
:: Hi,

If you want to know what is installed or missing:-
From Microsoft - Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/security/cc184924.aspx
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Leo

Jan 26, 2009, 1:42:28 PM1/26/09
No.

Leo

Jan 26, 2009, 1:42:40 PM1/26/09
Thanks for the link but I just reinstalled my system. I will save the link
though.
regards
Leo