How often XP check for any updated pack?

Eric

Mar 24, 2010, 1:23:01 AM3/24/10
I set the internet connection to be disconnected after idle 10 mins, but it
never disconnected, does anyone have any suggestions on how to do the setting
to control the period for checking any update service for XP?
I am using XP pro with SP3 and IE8
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Mar 24, 2010, 1:43:31 AM3/24/10

LD55ZRA

Mar 24, 2010, 10:27:22 PM3/24/10
Eric wrote:

Generally once a day but actual install will take place based on what
you have set in Automatic Updates in Security Center. It is normally
Sunday at 03:00:00 but you may have changed this to suit your own schedule.

I have switched off all updates and I have no interest in Microsoft
updates because it is a big con trick by Microsoft to give us the
impression that it is still working on XP when it fact it is spending
all its time on Windows 7 and other profitable products.

XP is no longer profitable for this monolithic conglomerate.

hth

--

Harry Johnson <ha...@scms.waikato.ac.nz> is a convicted paedophilia from
New Zealand and has been outed under Megan's Law. Please report him to

Ottmar Freudenberger

Mar 25, 2010, 1:23:59 AM3/25/10
"LD55ZRA" <LD5...@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

> I have switched off all updates and I have no interest in Microsoft
> updates because it is a big con trick by Microsoft to give us the
> impression that it is still working on XP when it fact it is spending
> all its time on Windows 7 and other profitable products.
>
> XP is no longer profitable for this monolithic conglomerate.

Ah, that's why there are only 68 security updates (14 of them relased
in 2010) and only 48 optional updates (6 in 2010) actually available
for Windows XP SP3 related to the 10 security updates (8 in 2010) and
27 optional updates (23 in 2010) available for Windows 7 systems.
Your logic is really -ehm- "impressive". No need to demonstrate that
on a daily basis though.

Bye,
Freu"Please don't hesitate to call me 'German Swine' once again"di

LD55ZRA

Mar 25, 2010, 2:14:39 AM3/25/10

"Ottmar Freudenberger" <fre...@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "LD55ZRA" <LD5...@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:
>

> Ah, that's why there are only 68 security updates (14 of them relased
> in 2010) and only 48 optional updates (6 in 2010) actually available
> for Windows XP SP3 related to the 10 security updates (8 in 2010) and
> 27 optional updates (23 in 2010) available for Windows 7 systems.
> Your logic is really -ehm- "impressive". No need to demonstrate that
> on a daily basis though.

Hey German Swine,

All updates since September 2009 are designed to destabilize Windows XP
System not to strengthen it. If you are correct that there are 68 updates
in 2010 then clearly these updates are completely useless because even 68
updates haven't made anybody's system secure. In fact these updates have
made the systems slower and very unstable. So you are free to spend your
time playing with them but you ever recommend to anybody else because they
have no problems with security issues.

Hope this helps.

Ottmar Freudenberger

Mar 25, 2010, 6:13:01 AM3/25/10
"LD55ZRA" wrote:
> "Ottmar Freudenberger" <fre...@gmx.net> wrote in message
>> "LD55ZRA" <LD5...@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:
>>> I have switched off all updates and I have no interest in Microsoft
>>> updates because it is a big con trick by Microsoft to give us the
>>> impression that it is still working on XP when it fact it is spending
>>> all its time on Windows 7 and other profitable products.
>>>
>>> XP is no longer profitable for this monolithic conglomerate.

>> Ah, that's why there are only 68 security updates (14 of them relased

>> in 2010) and only 48 optional updates (6 in 2010) actually available
>> for Windows XP SP3 related to the 10 security updates (8 in 2010) and
>> 27 optional updates (23 in 2010) available for Windows 7 systems.
>> Your logic is really -ehm- "impressive". No need to demonstrate that
>> on a daily basis though.

> All updates since September 2009 are designed to destabilize Windows XP

> System not to strengthen it.

Proofen by whom, when and how?

> If you are correct that there are 68 updates
> in 2010 then clearly these updates are completely useless because even 68
> updates haven't made anybody's system secure.

Your logic is really -ehm- "impressive". No need to demonstrate that on a
daily basis though. You know, even for Brits the world is still spinning
around, time goes on, and earth is still not a disc. Ignoring these facts and
every thing else related to system security (for whichever OS), how
vulnerabilites are beeing detected and dealed with by whoever, how servere
running an unsecured system in a network may be/is not only for the unsecured
system only, IOW feeling good with a complete lack of informations about
security as a whole, one may come to the conclusions you're not willing to
stop posting here and elsewhere.

> In fact these updates have made the systems slower and very unstable.

Proofen by whom, when and how? It may surprise you that I'm among the
millions which can't confirm your "theory".

ROTFL

Kisses,
Freudi, your beloved German Swine communicating with a British AH

Eric

Mar 26, 2010, 2:12:02 AM3/26/10

Thank everyone very much for suggestions